Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FSWizard is now available for Android!!! (Feedback needed)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FSWizard is now available for Android!!! (Feedback needed)

This is the latest development of my FSWizard project.
    I have ported it to work under Android.

The demo test version is available right now through google play
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....fswizard_lite

Check it out guys!
    It has in-built drill/tap charts.
    For now it only has two materials lol, but i plan to somewhat increase that number based on the feedback i receive.
    But either way i can imagine it will be quite handy for some people even the way it is right now

Here is a one of the charts
    FSWizard - Free Online Speed and Feed Calculator

A few questions:

Is there built-in help that I am somehow missing? Does the result section give you spindle speed and feed rate, or something else? Should I be able to close an 'accordion' section by itself, or only by opening up a different section?

Are the charts (such as the drill chart) simply for reference, or is the plan to make the drill bit selectable from the chart so that you don't have to key in the drill diameter?

Comment

No iPhone?

Comment

Originally posted by doorknob View Post
        A few questions:

Is there built-in help that I am somehow missing? Does the result section give you spindle speed and feed rate, or something else? Should I be able to close an 'accordion' section by itself, or only by opening up a different section?

Are the charts (such as the drill chart) simply for reference, or is the plan to make the drill bit selectable from the chart so that you don't have to key in the drill diameter?
        No help section right now but depending on feedback i can easily put it in. What kind of info would you expect to see there?

All fields should be pretty much self-explanatory with the exception of WOC that means With of Cut and DOC which means Depth of cut.
        They just did not fit in their long form.

An accordion section can be closed whenever the other one is opened. Making it close on its own will be the next thing i add.

I will also make drill charts clickable so a drill can be selected without having to type it in.

Thanks for feedback.

Comment

Originally posted by j king View Post
          No iPhone?
          Not yet, should be easy enough to port it to iPhone, but right now i just don't have an iphone to test it on.

Comment

I was thinking that a "typical workflow" example would be helpful.

Specifying both the workpiece material and the tool within the same section was initially confusing to me. Also, I wanted to choose a drill bit rather than specify a diameter (so I think that adding that feature will be appreciated by users). At first, some of the abbreviations were also confusing to me (such as the abbreviated tool type, DRL, SEM, also S and F for spindle rpm and feed rate, etc.), but after playing with it for a while it began to make more sense.

Comment

Originally posted by doorknob View Post
              I was thinking that a "typical workflow" example would be helpful.

Specifying both the workpiece material and the tool within the same section was initially confusing to me. Also, I wanted to choose a drill bit rather than specify a diameter (so I think that adding that feature will be appreciated by users). At first, some of the abbreviations were also confusing to me (such as the abbreviated tool type, DRL, SEM, also S and F for spindle rpm and feed rate, etc.), but after playing with it for a while it began to make more sense.
              "Workflow" is designed to go top to bottom.
              Start from specifying Work material, tool type and tool material..
              Then type in tool diameter.
              At that point all the default fields will be calculated automatically.
              And your result will show on the "Result" button.
              S and F are there so save some space - its designed to work both in horizontal and vertical orientation of the phone.
              Same story with DRL, SEM, IEM, HDRL, Turn etc abbreviation.
              Basically buttons mirror most important information. and if user needs to see/change more he can tap on the button and more info will show up.

Thanks for voicing your concerns i will actually put what i typed here into HELP section.

Comment

Hi,

I have been waiting for this utility with great anticipation. Thanks for posting it.

Have downloaded and given it a spin thru the menus etc. The interface was ok once I'd pushed at it for a minute or two; this learning curve is same for me for all new apps and I find that all will be revealed once I give it a go.

My preference would be for repeated taps on a section to "toggle" that section up'n'down. Presently selection of a section opens that section; then selection of another section opens the newly selected section ... perhaps do both.

I think there is a bug in the Results panel when the Reamer tool is selected. SurfaceSpeed was set at zero and APT and Feed were huge. Am most ok to post (or pm you) full detail of the repro (settings etc) if you need it.

Again ... thanks for taking the effort to make it available.

Cheers,
                Norman
                Last edited by Norman Bain; 07-07-2013, 07:26 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

When selecting one of Drills, Taps, Pipe there is a list (grid) displayed for the selection; however the list (for me anyways) was not scrollable.

Comment

Okay I just published an update based on some of your guys feedback.

Tabs now open AND close in toggle mode, so no need to hit another button.
                    Reamer got fixed.
                    Scroll problems were affecting platforms below android 3.
                    I have found a work around and now it should be fine.

Update should become available in a couple hours, a day at the most.
                    Publishing on Google play takes forever for some reason.

Edit: update just went through. I am pretty pleased how it looks and feels.
                    Btw it looks line iPhoney app is out of the question right now.
                    I would need to buy a Mac just to be able to develop for iOS....bummer
                    No wonder iOS apps sell better, not everyone can even afford to develop for it.
                    Last edited by Zero_Divide; 07-08-2013, 01:20 AM.

Comment

What would be my best solution for use with a Nokia Lumia 920? It has Windows mobile for an operating system.

How to become a millionaire: Start out with 10 million and take up machining as a hobby!

Comment

I can put together an app of some sorts for you.
                        You would have to install it yourself though as I am not going to register with mircosoft's app service. The upfront fee plus yearly maintainece to become a publisher is much bigger that the sales I will ever get.

If someone feels othervise please let me know.

I will see what I can come up with in a short while.

Comment

Hi,

I downloaded the new version. There were some issues:

1) There is no version number; perhaps add this into the About screen.

2) The SIP (soft input panel) always presented as text on selection of a numeric field; should present as numeric for numeric field.

3) Suggestion only; should the entry fields be "select all on focus"; presently there is need to backspace off the likes of "12.500" in order to enter "10".

4) The entries in entry fields and selections (mm vs inch) did not persist for me in this version; keep bouncing back to the defaults.

Comment

Thanks for feedback.

1. Will do
                            2. There is a specialized custom keypad. Open up Material/tool tab and check Custom keyboard box.
                            3. This is solved when custom in is selected.
                            4. Will do.

Thanks guys

Comment

Just an update:
                              Now you can enter SFM and chipload to convert it to RPM and feedrate.
                              In fact you can change any of sfm/rpm/chipload/feed field and the other ones will update accordingly. Much like on my standalone pc calc.

Thanks for feedback.
                              I will be adding more materials in the future to the free version.
                              Maybe 5 or a little more.

any preferences?

Comment

Working...
                              X