This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT Made in America - the short list

Here is a link that in turn lists a number of organizations promoting American made goods along with links to a number of US manufacturing companies many of whom also use American materials/components.

Those who are running small shops and/or offer unique products may want to join one of the organizations for help promoting their products and services.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/07/13/living...html?hpt=hp_t5

They forgot Filson clothing.

http://www.filson.com/

--Doozer
    DZER

Comment

They "forgot" literally hundreds if not thousands of other companies. I'll mention Hyde Tools and Russell Harrington Cutlery, both of Southbridge MA. RHC is mostly commercial cutlery, Hyde makes and sells several price point levels of hand tools related to painting, wallpapering and plaster work.

Of course they would think to mention Mahr-Federal, Starrett, Fisher Machine Products and a host of others who cater to us machinists.

Comment

Originally posted by PixMan View Post
        They "forgot" literally hundreds if not thousands of other companies. I'll mention Hyde Tools and Russell Harrington Cutlery, both of Southbridge MA. RHC is mostly commercial cutlery, Hyde makes and sells several price point levels of hand tools related to painting, wallpapering and plaster work.

Of course they would think to mention Mahr-Federal, Starrett, Fisher Machine Products and a host of others who cater to us machinists.
        I did not expect them to have a comprehensive list. However, what if we put together our own list to use and/or submit to the organizations so they in turn could help promote other US companies?

Stan

Comment

I like that idea.

Comment

Let us make our own list of USA companies and make it a sticky on top of HSM.

--Doozer
            DZER

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Stan View Post
              I did not expect them to have a comprehensive list. However, what if we put together our own list to use and/or submit to the organizations so they in turn could help promote other US companies?

Stan
              Yeah, good idea........promoting buying only American made goods might put our host here out of business though.

Comment

Originally posted by DR View Post
                Yeah, good idea........promoting buying only American made goods might put our host here out of business though.
                Not if VP was able to convince them to advertise here which in my mind would be a win win.

Comment

I'd like to see the short list of companies making products in the US useing only US made parts or materials.
                  Looks like the Stormy Chromer cap is only sewn here?

Comment

Originally posted by flylo View Post
                    I'd like to see the short list of companies making products in the US useing only US made parts or materials.
                    Looks like the Stormy Chromer cap is only sewn here?
                    Some of them do use US materials/components such as the jeans company. However, many like the cap company offshore at least some of the product.

Comment

Garage Journal has a whole list of USA made products.

Made In the U.S.A.

I forgot it was there, thanks for the reminder.
                      Last edited by toyjeep73; 07-08-2013, 09:41 AM. Reason: typos

Comment

Garage Journal Website must be down. Can't get it to load.
                        Sounds like a website I would be interested in also.

Larry M.

Comment

We could call it the "ALL AMERICAN LIST"

Comment

The best slitting saws I ever bought were made in Poland. The worst ones were a well known American brand.

I think a better idea would be to offer up a list of the best companies offering the beat product at reasonable prices.

It is, after all, a global economy.

Has been for a few hundred years.

Comment

Im all for the Made in America list. Thanks for the resources guys. JR
                              My old yahoo group. Bridgeport Mill Group

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/...port_mill/info

Comment

Working...
                              X