Time for more OT? Pseudo chicken

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time for more OT? Pseudo chicken

I ate in a restaurant tonight, and had 'chicken cordon bleu'. It was the special, not that it matters. Anyway, at first I declined to order that because I figured it was going to be that mechanically deboned, minced, diced, diluted reconstipated thing they call chicken these days. I told the waitress if that's what it was, I didn't want it. She assured me it was a real chicken breast with the cordon bleu thing done to it. I didn't really believe her, but I agreed to have it.

So it turns out it was that mystery compressed substance that's being passed off as chicken. The rest of the meal was fine, and I'm not really ranting- it was my choice to take a chance on it, and I lost. I'm just really wondering what the heck is in that abomination. Anybody know?

Not sure if I really want to know- I don't need to taste it coming back up- but yeah, I'd like to know what the heck that pustule of a thing is made with.
    I seldom do anything within the scope of logical reason and calculated cost/benefit, etc- I'm following my passion-

Dunno what the secret meat is, but I ordered a shrimp rigate a penne´ at a restaurant recently and the "shrimp" were pieces of chicken breast meat carefully cut from the curl of the breast to look like little curled shrimp. At least it was real chicken and not the reconstipated stuff.

Comment

"Contains ingredients resembling chicken"
      Amount of experience is in direct proportion to the value of broken equipment.

Comment

It doesn't matter what you order the whole world tastes of chicken.
        MBB

Comment

often its chicken frames and necks squished through a mincer, called protein extraction this meatlike substance is used as an ingredient in chicken things , chicken nuggets , chicken sausages , Im not sure what they do with the feet, maybe petfood
          My neighbours diary says I have boundary issues

Comment

Originally posted by Yow Ling View Post
            Im not sure what they do with the feet, maybe petfood
            You've never eaten chicken feet?

Nev.
            Nev.

Comment

I have noticed chicken feet being available, frozen, in huge plastic sacks in some of the poorer islands of the Pacific.

Comment

Originally posted by malbenbut View Post
                It doesn't matter what you order the whole world tastes of chicken.
                MBB
                Chicken doesn't taste like chicken!

If you've ever eaten propper free range meat, you'll know the difference. Many people now don't like the taste of free range chicken, they're simply not used to it having a distinctive taste!
                Paul Compton
                www.morini-mania.co.uk
                http://www.youtube.com/user/EVguru

Comment

Speaking of chicken, why is it that when one gets fried chicken from the colonel it seems that every bone in it's body has been broken? Do they tenderize the old buzzard by driving over it?
                  Home, down in the valley behind the Red Angus
                  Bad Decisions Make Good Stories​

Comment

Originally posted by Willy View Post
                    Speaking of chicken, why is it that when one gets fried chicken from the colonel it seems that every bone in it's body has been broken? Do they tenderize the old buzzard by driving over it?
                    Thanks...my imagination went rickrolling in my head and now I'm jamming "hammer time" here
                    Amount of experience is in direct proportion to the value of broken equipment.

Comment

Actually some of the tastiest "meat" I've ever eaten was knitted soy imitation minced beef out of a can back in England in 1978. Cheap too, I'd eat it again.
                      "Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel"

Comment

Originally posted by Willy View Post
                        Probably - That's why the chicken crossed the road...to get away from Col. Sanders.

Comment

Originally posted by darryl View Post
                          So it turns out it was that mystery compressed substance that's being passed off as chicken. The rest of the meal was fine, and I'm not really ranting- it was my choice to take a chance on it, and I lost. I'm just really wondering what the heck is in that abomination. Anybody know?

Not sure if I really want to know- I don't need to taste it coming back up- but yeah, I'd like to know what the heck that pustule of a thing is made with.

You didn't take a chance - you specifically told her what you wanted and she re-assured you what you were getting, she's either too much of a dim-bulb to know the difference or she purposely misled you.

You should have immediately told her and either ate for free or got something else more palatable and either at a discount or free due to the time wasted...

Don't worry - you ate a bunch of chicken tumors, skin and anomaly's , no big whoop.

Comment

This is why I don't eat in restaurants except in an emergency. Restaurant "meat" is just salt glued together with hormones and antibiotics.

Comment

"made from mechanically separated chicken parts" seems to come to mind. . . . . . but not near as good as "spam" (Stuff Posing As Meat )

Comment

Working...
                              X