• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New vertical milling machine format

I can't help but wonder what their horizontal mills look like:

http://www.karamboring.net/all-geare...ng-machine.htm

Danl
    Salem, Oregon

Isn't the only thing that's new about it the fact that's its brand new as in just built?

i mean the layouts been done to death no?

Comment

Now I know where those Japanese manual translators from the 70s went to.
      Paul A.
      SE Texas

Make it fit.
      You can't win and there IS a penalty for trying!

Comment

Stands upright off the floor ??

Gotta be vertical ??

Stop nit picking anyway the vertical head is hanging from the crane on the side.

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Comment

The founder and The Machinist of the plant at work: http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...9QEwBA&dur=629
          Mike
          WI/IL border, USA

Comment

" kaRam" sounds a bit like "Captain Marvel" is around again. :-)
            ...lew...

Comment

Originally posted by MichaelP View Post
              The founder and The Machinist of the plant at work: http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...9QEwBA&dur=629
              Wow - all that technology going for him and he don't know a thing about proper seat height...

Comment

Wow brand new shapers and planers!

Comment

They look to be fairly solidly built , the knee is well supported.
                  The only problem is they will be "imported" to many , but there is possibly lots of old iron been recycled to make something useful.
                  Michael

Comment

42" Shaper now you're talking

Comment

I assume you all think it's a mislabeled horizontal mill. I think that it's some sort of a "dual" mill. It looks like that block hanging off the arm on the left side is a vertical mill head that can be swung in to replace the horizontal arbor.

Just my 2 cents...gotta go get some coffee.

Ken

Comment

Originally posted by KMoffett View Post
                        I assume you all think it's a mislabeled horizontal mill. I think that it's some sort of a "dual" mill. It looks like that block hanging off the arm on the left side is a vertical mill head that can be swung in to replace the horizontal arbor.
                        It is just that, but the "block" is a vertical attachment for a horizontal mill. This is just another case of mistranslation of technical information.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Stan View Post
                          It is just that, but the "block" is a vertical attachment for a horizontal mill. This is just another case of mistranslation of technical information.
                          Mistranslation? Maybe but there are probably more English speakers in India than the entire USA.

Comment

Working...
                          X