No announcement yet.

Stand alone Stepper control for indexer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

While that would wotk, from what I see i think you only be able to do simple rotation of the table/head.
    The Steve ward controller allows you to index by an angular value then pause until you press the next step button, it will allow you to set different angular steps between positions e.g 10 degrees then 26 degress and so on. I'm not sure if you can do different speeds between positions, but you a change direction if needed, for example to stop cables or hydraulic lines being wound up etc. So very versitile.

Brian

Comment

As a follow up to this and thanks to Mohammad Blidgeport, i got the bits together do assemble my own 'steve ward' rotary controller. it's taken a few evenings to put the controller together and probably as long to convert the dividing head to stepper motor. I have an oldham coupling that i made between the stepper and the dividing head; which is untouched and could go back to dividing plates easiliy should the need arise.
      for anyone else making an oldham coupling i ended up with one slot in the acetal disc a little loser than i like, but a few moments with a heat gun and clamping in the vise to bend the groove tighter worked very well and saved me the hassle of remaking it.

i had a false start with the circuit board andthought i'd wiped the chip as it had been next to amagnet at one point, so i bought a PIC programmer and re-flashed the chip, this didn't cure it and after scouring the CNC zone thread and finally steve ward's website i removed the capacitors on the crystal, which cured it.
      since then i've just about got it useable, a few minor details to finish off, but so far i'm very pleased with it.

Brian

Comment

Nice one Brian,
        Presume you worked out the jumpers for the keypad ?

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Comment

ah yes, only by trial and error, i got it wrong on the first two attempts - suppose i should have worked it from the circuit diagram, jobs a good 'en

Comment

It's a good bit of kit too, this is what mine looks like:

Paul

Comment

Working...
            X