Magnetic sine plate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Magnetic sine plate

I just purchased a Brown & Sharpe 6x6 Perma Sine model 927-50 magnetic sine plate. However, I see no way to lock down the magnet when setting the angle. Most examples of these I have seen have a side bracket or some other method to lock the plate down. Can the weight of the magnet be enough to hold the angle in place when grinding. I know you don't use this tool in any milling operation, but I thought some locking method would be included.
    Is anyone familiar with this particular model? Is there a manual available for it? I haven't had any success finding any info for it on the web.
    Thanks

Regards
    Skipd1

Are there tapped holes in the side of the base and magnet? If so, maybe the bracket is missing.
    -or- Is there anyway to 'lock' the hinge?

Comment

I seem to recall that there are socket head cap screws in each end of the hinge. If so, one is left handed and the other is right handed. Turn both at the same time and it'll either lock or unlock.

Gene

Comment

I do have the cap screws with left and right handed threads. thanks the heads up.

skipd1

Comment

I think your supposed to lock it down on your magnetic chuck.

Your wording is a bit confusing..........
          Are you asking if the weight of the sine chuck is enough to keep it in place on your grinder????

JL...............
          Last edited by JoeLee; 09-30-2013, 09:57 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X