My new to me Crane

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new to me Crane

I just bought this crane to mount on my firewood processor to facilitate loading the logs onto the live deck. This will allow me to pull my firewood processor to the woods and process the wood on the spot. Once the trees are cut down and blocked to 5 meter lengths they are drug with a big forestry winch on the back of my tractor to the side of the road. From there I will use this crane to load them on the firewood processor and the finished firewood goes by conveyor into big nets made for one cubic meter of firewood.

This build is going to be fun.
    How to become a millionaire: Start out with 10 million and take up machining as a hobby!

Black, just remember when you do the design work to remember that the knuckle boom won't fold back that compact with a grapple on it.
    I built an adapter for the end of the boom to connect the grapple to the boom. I deleted loop and added two ears to it so the owner could change from the grapple to a hook without tools.
    When done, the grapple sets in a box with a chain and bender holding it in. He added quick connect to the lines so it would be easily changed.
    Dan.

Comment

Originally posted by Lu47Dan View Post
      Black, just remember when you do the design work to remember that the knuckle boom won't fold back that compact with a grapple on it.
      I built an adapter for the end of the boom to connect the grapple to the boom. I deleted loop and added two ears to it so the owner could change from the grapple to a hook without tools.
      When done, the grapple sets in a box with a chain and bender holding it in. He added quick connect to the lines so it would be easily changed.
      Dan.

When the crane is mounted on the trailer the grapple will get parked on the trailer or on the logs.
      How to become a millionaire: Start out with 10 million and take up machining as a hobby!

Comment

Working...
      X