Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ford 300 I six engine (working scale model)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The flash-over that has been mentioned is actually a leak at the plug seal. I don't have any gaskets on the plugs but will make some small copper rings and anneal them so they're soft. With the plugs being so tiny (8-36 thread) I really didn't want to crank down on them. Whenever an engine gets finished (machined) there's always hours of tinkering and modifying to get things right.
    Thanks for looking and commenting.
    gbritnell

Comment

• Very nice job! Sure doesn't sound like the 300 in my 89 F250 though.

Thank you very much for sharing the entire build and video here! These are a personal favorite engine of mine and I loved every post you made of this thing!
      Andy

Comment

• Originally posted by gbritnell View Post
        The flash-over that has been mentioned is actually a leak at the plug seal. I don't have any gaskets on the plugs but will make some small copper rings and anneal them so they're soft. With the plugs being so tiny (8-36 thread) I really didn't want to crank down on them. Whenever an engine gets finished (machined) there's always hours of tinkering and modifying to get things right.
        Thanks for looking and commenting.
        gbritnell
        George,maybe it's,(electricity) one of those things you can't scale down??? Not to worry...it's beautiful!
        Home, down in the valley behind the Red Angus
        Bad Decisions Make Good Stories​

Comment

Working...
        X