Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scraper nserts for Sandvik and Biax

Scraper nserts for Sandvik and Biax

Here is an eBay auction for boxes of 5 scraper inserts for the Sandvik hand scraper and the Biax Power scraper for $40 per box of 5 plus $5.80 shipping. That's $8 per insert.

My last price (11/5/2013) for the Sandvik #620-25/30 scraper inserts was $63.65 each. I think they call that a bargain.

I bought two boxes. I'm gonna buy two more.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sandvik-Coro...5#ht_226wt_884
    Last edited by Forrest Addy; 11-06-2013, 11:29 AM.

Ended. Pity, would have liked spares for a pair of 620-25 Sandvik hand scrapers

Comment

Originally posted by EddyCurr View Post
      Ended. Pity, would have liked spares for a pair of 620-25 Sandvik hand scrapers

WTH? I can get right on it. The announcement says it has 4 hr 20 min to go as of 11 AM 11/5

Comment

Using the link, a page appears here with a yellow band across the top
        containing the text "This listing has ended". To the right of the image,
        " Ended: 9:14 PST". I am on MST, so I just missed by minutes.

No worries. A deal like that is bound to go fast ...
        Last edited by EddyCurr; 11-06-2013, 02:06 PM.

Comment

They certainly disappeared promptly.

If you've got a surface grinder and a diamond wheel, making them out of carbide strips from the likes of MSC/JL or McMaster is no great problem. The good thing is that for most of us, they just don't wear out all that fast. I've got four blades for my Sandvik scraper, ground to different radii and I'm not going to live long enough to wear out one of them.

For the Biax scrapers, carbide stock brazed on to 3mmx20mm ground-flat-stock is easy to do.

Still wish I'd been in time though...

Comment

Working...
          X