Site Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Site Problems

Saw in another thread that lynnl mentioned having problems loading a page. It happened to me once earlier at work today and once at home. Anyone else having problems?
    George
    Traverse City, MI

i did about 30 minutes ago

Comment

Just got on here Geo, no problems so far.

Comment

It was very very slow loading for me earlier.

A couple other forums I frequent were also timing out and having problems earlier... all on different servers though. Is there perhaps an ad-service or tracker feature in common that is causing issues? That has happened before.

Comment

The site did not load for my iPad at perhaps 18:50 - 19:00 Eastern.

Beginning at about 19:10 and continuing since, the site has performed
          as usual. No unexpected pop-ups.

Comment

I had problems earlier today, but I attributed it to the ancient computer allotted to me at work. They are trying to make it last until I retire.

Generally speaking, the HSM BBS loads faster there most other sites so I thought the computer was finally giving up.. Apparently not so..
            Weston Bye - Author, The Mechatronist column, Digital Machinist magazine
            ~Practitioner of the Electromechanical Arts~

Comment

I thought it might have been the network at work, as that tends to give me grief on a regular basis. Seems there is more to it than that, so I will send an email to IT about it. Nothing is likely to be done until Monday though, unless it really takes a dive.
              George
              Traverse City, MI

Comment

Originally posted by George Bulliss View Post
                I thought it might have been the network at work, as that tends to give me grief on a regular basis. Seems there is more to it than that, so I will send an email to IT about it. Nothing is likely to be done until Monday though, unless it really takes a dive.
                Off and on today the web server would stop responding. The server would respond to a ping but not service requests on the web port (80). I tested it from several different locations to eliminate a possible local problem. DNS worked fine throughout the outages. Some possibilities that come to mind are network maintenance at the hosting site, maximum connections reached owing to a denial of service type attack, memory leak in the system, throttling of the network connection caused by excessive data rate. Farther down the likely list would be a failing disk on a critical volume. Just swags without knowing more about the system. It always came back, eventually though. I use this site to do remote tests as it is usually reliable: http://validator.w3.org/ - enter the URL of the site you'd like to test and if it is up, you'll get a report.

Comment

Thanks dp, I'll pass that along.
                  George
                  Traverse City, MI

Comment

Working OK in eastern CT
                    Errol Groff

New England Model Engineering Society
                    http://neme-s.org/

YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/GroffErrol?feature=mhee

Comment

Yes, it happened to me earlier today, but only when I tried to open the thread "Harbour Freight Tool Grinder, one more time".
                      I put it down to a problem with the thread and had a look at something else.
                      When I came back a little later it opened OK.
                      Larry - west coast of Canada

Comment

I couldn't connect to the site for about 10-15 min earlier today (around 6pm CST, IIRC).

Thankfully, we didn't pay $300,000,000 for the site. Otherwise it wouldn't work at all.
                        Mike
                        WI/IL border, USA

Comment

Working...
                        X