I don't have the room, but ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't have the room, but ...

Occasionally I wish I knew someone close with one :-)

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/tls/4183634509.html

but if it did go crazy and get it... as Sir John once said about one of his machines - it will attract the wrong type of work...

It's older than me, but looks in better shape.
    Last edited by lakeside53; 11-11-2013, 01:23 PM.

I don't see the two-foot extension in the pictures. Without that, I can't use it.
    Any products mentioned in my posts have been endorsed by their manufacturer.

Comment

You would definately need an overhead crane/ forktruck to load the jobs on that.....I have an ovehead for my 16X60...I am not getting any younger...Shawn

Comment

Sweet!
        "Let me recommend the best medicine in the
        world: a long journey, at a mild season, through a pleasant
        country, in easy stages."
        ~ James Madison

Comment

I only need to add 4 feet to one end of my shop and it would fit "like a saddle on a sow". The plus side is , if size counts then I would have the biggest one in the neighborhood.

Comment

If someone were clever and had the where-with-all, I bet that puppy could be cut down to 12 or 15 feet. It would probably be worth two to ten times as much at that length.
            Paul A.
            SE Texas

Make it fit.
            You can't win and there is a penalty for trying!

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Alciatore View Post
              If someone were clever and had the where-with-all, I bet that puppy could be cut down to 12 or 15 feet. It would probably be worth two to ten times as much at that length.
              That was my first thought, too. Cut it off just past the first pedestal and shorten up the leadscrew and control rods--shouldn't really be that hard to do. Looks to be a nice, quality machine otherwise...
              Keith

Comment

In a properly planned neighborhood this lathe could be shared by five next door neighbors.
                Mike
                WI/IL border, USA

Comment

I have a Nissan forklift rated @ 9000# lifts 25' with 12' boat forks that the previous owner was using for a caR hoist. He cut slots in the garage wall for the forks, left the Nissan outside, now that's ingenuity or dumb*as, I haven't decided.
                  "Let me recommend the best medicine in the
                  world: a long journey, at a mild season, through a pleasant
                  country, in easy stages."
                  ~ James Madison

Comment

He should have cut the slots in the garage door and would have had a power door opener!

Comment

Perfect for threading those 4-40 thruple screws.
                      The shortest distance between two points is a circle of infinite diameter.

Bluewater Model Engineering Society at https://sites.google.com/site/bluewatermes/

Southwestern Ontario. Canada

Comment

Just knock out the rear wall of the garage , install an overhead crane , and start making widgets.
                        Michael

Comment

I'd like to have that boy in my living room, wife probably wouldn't like it though.
                          My cousin used to work in a shop that had one that swung 12 ft and about 60 ft between centers, they used it fairly often too, I really wanted that one too, but it wasn't for sale.
                          olcop

Comment

I've run "endless" lathes like that. A couple thing you need to exploit all that length is a follow rest and a steady for every four swings worth of CC length.

Can't beatthemfor long propellor shafts that cant pass through the spindle - that is if you have a taper attachment or a tailstock you can set over a foot or two.

Comment

Just put some charcoal in the bed, a chicken, some veggies, a pig and 2 oxen on a spit and you'll have a hell of a barbecue.

Comment

Working...
                              X