No announcement yet.

Nardini Lathe update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like Nardini's but I hate Persons that act like this. I would deduct $50 for the first trip and offer him $200. The offer would be good for 7 days. Presented with this original offer I would have been there and gone with the lathe before the son knew it. This is not about negotiation it is about principals.
    Byron Boucher
    Burnet, TX

Comment

RussZHC got me thinking. A lathe like this Nardini in running condition is probably worth $2500 to $4000. There is a nice
      Nardini 1230 on Ebay for $6000 or best offer.

I slept on this all night and came up with a new offer. I really hate to let this lathe get away. Buying it for scrap price is expecting way to much even though that was the original offer.

Here is my sales pitch: Your son will need to not only clean up this lathe but also spend at least $500 for a 3D adaptor plate, chuck, quick change tool post, tool holders, a variety of cutting tools and holders for them, chuck and center for tailstock. The lathe is never going to run in its current location with only 120 volts single phase power.

I'll pay you $700 for the 1030 Nardini. Combine the $700 with the $500 worth of tooling your son would need to spend on the lathe. Tell your son to take the $1200 and have a nice Christmas with the family or buy himself another lathe that will run on 120 volts and probably have money left over. You have 1 week to accept my offer.

What do you think? Jim
      So much to learn, so little time

Comment

Just make your offer, get a yes/no and call it a day. The seller/son is probably looking at the same auctions and may think he has a gold mine.
        Techno-Anarchist

Comment

If he's done a search on Nardini he might even be reading this thread.
          Peter - novice home machinist, modern motorcycle enthusiast.

Denford Viceroy 280 Synchro (11 x 24)
          Herbert 0V adapted to R8 by 'Sir John'.
          Monarch 10EE 1942

Comment

Originally posted by outback View Post
            RussZHC got me thinking. A lathe like this Nardini in running condition is probably worth $2500 to $4000. There is a nice
            Nardini 1230 on Ebay for $6000 or best offer.

I slept on this all night and came up with a new offer. I really hate to let this lathe get away. Buying it for scrap price is expecting way to much even though that was the original offer.

Here is my sales pitch: Your son will need to not only clean up this lathe but also spend at least $500 for a 3D adaptor plate, chuck, quick change tool post, tool holders, a variety of cutting tools and holders for them, chuck and center for tailstock. The lathe is never going to run in its current location with only 120 volts single phase power.

I'll pay you $700 for the 1030 Nardini. Combine the $700 with the $500 worth of tooling your son would need to spend on the lathe. Tell your son to take the $1200 and have a nice Christmas with the family or buy himself another lathe that will run on 120 volts and probably have money left over. You have 1 week to accept my offer.

What do you think? Jim
            I think I would not make an offer like that. Go there with cash and a tow truck. When you agree on a price load it and leave. Put the pressure on and be ready to take it with you.
            san jose, ca. usa

Comment

Not to sound like an ass, but....

You made one mistake.
              You waited to move it.
              A friend and I showed up to purchase and move a small Radial Arm Drill, with his semi, a rented carry deck crane, and my pickup truck loaded with rigging tools. The seller gave us a song and dance about the his son wanting the RAD, I told him we had a previous deal that had been made with a hand shake( with witnesses ). So he could either complete the deal or see us in court, we left with the RAD on the trailer about two hours later. Took it to my friends shop unloaded and installed it.
              The whole day had been rain and snow, we got wet but he got his radial arm drill.
              Dan.

Comment

It's not under power,it doesn't have a chuck or steadies and no other tooling.I would not offer a dime more than scrap price since there is no way of knowing the history of the machine.For all we know the lathe could have a headstock full of busted gear teeth.
                I would make him understand that it's just a chunk of scrap until proven otherwise.
                I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

Originally posted by Lu47Dan View Post
                  You made one mistake.
                  You waited to move it.
                  A friend and I showed up to purchase and move a small Radial Arm Drill, with his semi, a rented carry deck crane, and my pickup truck loaded with rigging tools. The seller gave us a song and dance about the his son wanting the RAD, I told him we had a previous deal that had been made with a hand shake( with witnesses ). So he could either complete the deal or see us in court, we left with the RAD on the trailer about two hours later. Took it to my friends shop unloaded and installed it.
                  The whole day had been rain and snow, we got wet but he got his radial arm drill.
                  Dan.
                  Plus 1
                  You should have just bailed in at that price.

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Comment

Originally posted by Lu47Dan View Post
                    You made one mistake.
                    You waited to move it.
                    Dan.
                    Yes, I know. But I was not in market for a lathe when I found this one so I was caught off guard. Also I'm not able to just pick up a lathe and bring it home then unload it. In order to bring a lathe home I need to line up a trailer, have the lathe loaded. When home I need to call a tow truck to have the lathe lifted off the trailer. These things are best done on week days.

If nothing else I learned something about wheeling and dealing. Jim
                    So much to learn, so little time

Comment

He has your lathe and you have his money.

Comment

we don't need no stinkin trailer and tow truck ,,,just a willing neighbor, my pick up and borrow some pallet rack for the weekend ( work did 'nt miss it)

Comment

...And people gave me shlt the first time
                          I posted pics of my gantry. Unbelievable.

--Doozer
                          DZER

Comment

Originally posted by 1935Ron View Post

we don't need no stinkin trailer and tow truck ,,,just a willing neighbor, my pick up and borrow some pallet rack for the weekend ( work did 'nt miss it)
                            even for Jersey, that is an ugly woman.

Comment

Originally posted by Doozer View Post
                              ...And people gave me shlt the first time
                              I posted pics of my gantry. Unbelievable.

--Doozer
                              we get crap all the time in Jersey.... Im used to it

Comment

Originally posted by quasi View Post
                                even for Jersey, that is an ugly woman.
                                yea she sure is, but she kept the chains from scratch'n my truck and she smokes .... cigars.... keeps the squitos at bay ....she even brings a 6-pack over after i tune -up his oops her...... lawn mower

Comment

Working...
                                X