Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• weird stretching device

so i have this:

what is it for? i can stretch a thin strip of something until it breaks or remains straight or is longer than before or what?

Might work for tightening tie wraps. You could use it for a cheese slicer.

Comment

It looks like a banding tool for securing parcels for shipping or affixing to a pallet.

Yep. http://www.bsthermal.com/products/to...l-product.html

Comment

It is a banding tool, also used Band-It hose clamps.

http://hosewarehouse.com/Band-It-Cla...nd-widths-3-16
        Jim H.

Comment

It is a band it clamp tool indeed, very handy for pulling stuff together fir welding if you cant get a clamp on and dont want to weld tags on it, or its thin, ive used one to put cills on a car before now, though a pallet strapping machine would be easier, sometimes you have to use what you have!
          Stainless strapping is pricy though but old steel banding works with them so dumpster diving is needed
          Mark

Comment

it is a banding hose clamp tool.

Comment

o.k., so please tell me how it works (i seem to have a stupid moment). the hex level operated part on the left will pinch plastic banding but will cut steel banding. so i reckon its for cutting. how do i use it? when i wrap banding around something i would like to pull it together and not apart.

Comment

Originally posted by dian View Post
                o.k., so please tell me how it works ...
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69JhQDmJALA

Last edited by Mike Burdick; 11-24-2013, 03:39 PM.

Comment

To operate:
                  Turn the crank so that the that the piece with the short lever arm is all the way to the end with the cutter. Slip one end of the metal strap through what they call a buckle. The strap must enter the buckle from the end that has the two ears sticking up. With about an inch of banding sticking through the buckle fold the end over the end of the buckle so that it ends up on the back side of the buckle, the side away from the two ears. Now wrap the strap around the object you want to band and run the free end through the buckle. Thread the free end through the tip of the banding tool and lock it down to the moveable part using the locking arm pulling as much slack as you can from the strap. Now turn the crank handle to tighten the strap. When strap is tight back or screw about half a turn and fold tool over the buckle which locks the strap in place. Use the built in cutter to cut the strap. Hammer the strap flat and hammer the two ears on the buckle over the strap. That's it.

Comment

You will first need to have on hand some of the buckles for the strap width you have. These are such common tools that the buckles should be found in Switzerland.

Comment

thanks all, i got it now. now if i only had some buckles.

Comment

Working...
                      X