OT:- Sledgehammer Stupidity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT:- Sledgehammer Stupidity

I pride myself in being FAIRLY handy. Also, I look after my stuff. A couple of years ago, I bought a Honda track-drive snowblower for a steal-$450.00, (they retail for a little under $3000.00.) Well, at the end of the last season, before putting it away, I overhauled it, checked the shear pins, and painted the bare spots; (isnt Duffy the clever lad?)
    Well, last night, we got about 10 inches of heavy wet snow; but NOT TO WORRY! Yesterday, I got out the blower and started it up-all was fine. So, this morning, after coffee and the paper, I fired up my trusty, AND RELIABLE, machine to clear the driveway-I figured twenty minutes max. To quote Jack Benny- WELLLL! An hour and a half plus a break halfway, the job SILL isnt done. I began to suspect that something was NOT QUITE RIGHT. The shear pins were fine-paved driveway and no frozen dog poop.
    Then I saw it! The auger is in two parts and they are handed- Guess who managed to assemble them backwards, AND THEN USE IT FOR ALL THAT TIME BEFORE QUESTIONING WHAT WAS HAPPENING! Do I feel a bit foolish-well YEAH!
    My punishment is to share this with you guys and, since the temperature is falling as I type, finish the job by hand, AND THEN, get out the heat gun, dry, dismantle, and reassemble the auger CORRECTLY!
    My REWARD for this confession will be only a bit of static from you folks plus, of course, one "clumsy bastard" from Sir John, and NO SNOW FOR THE REST OF THE WINTER, (which has yet to officially arrive!)
    Duffy, Gatineau, Quebec

Ho, Ho, Ho. I was thinking of going out and mowing the grass this morning but it was a little chilly.
    Last edited by CCWKen; 11-27-2013, 12:42 PM.

Comment

He he he! That's a good one, Duffy. All through reading your post I was trying to guess where it was going, never once suspected that. You da Man!

Comment

I figured it was something like that, or that you had managed to reverse the rotation of the drive somehow.

Comment

Clumsy bastard...............

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Comment

Embarrassing isn't it? I once cut a few limbs with my saw chain on the bar backwards. Cuts really slow that way.

Comment

Originally posted by alanganes View Post
              Embarrassing isn't it? I once cut a few limbs with my saw chain on the bar backwards. Cuts really slow that way.
              Just cut from the other side of the limb.....duh

Steve

Comment

And to think I used to feel guilty for throwing a hand full of left hand thread nuts in the drawer to mix with their right hand thread cousins...

Comment

Was the machine shipped to you from Australia?

Comment

LOL My brother asked me to look at his lawn mower once because he said it wouldn't cut worth a dam after he changed the blade, well guess what

Comment

Thank you Sir John; I new that I could count on you!
                      For those of you who do not understand either the concept of SNOW, or the operation of a snow blower, with the two parts of the auger interchanged, I was producing a windrow of snow down each side of the machine; SOME, (that could not get out of the way,) was going up the discharge chute. I was just too gormless to realize that something was wrong!
                      Duffy, Gatineau, Quebec

Comment

Originally posted by MichaelP View Post
                        Was the machine shipped to you from Australia?
                        Snow ? Australia? hahahhhahhahhhahha

bollie7

Comment

Originally posted by Duffy View Post
                          Thank you Sir John; I new that I could count on you!
                          I was producing a windrow of snow down each side of the machine; !
                          So bail the snow and send to those who are not fortunate enough to have any!
                          Krutch

Mentally confused and prone to wandering!

Comment

At least you can claim to be an amateur. I was asked to sharpen some mower blades early this summer because it just wasn't cutting right. As I was preparing to do the job I asked if the mower had been serviced thinking it may need an oil change etc. Answer was yes so-and-so picked it up off season, serviced it and returned it here. Got down on my hands and knees to take a look... They were nice and sharp but unfortunately they were on backwards.

Comment

Originally posted by Ohio Mike View Post
                              At least you can claim to be an amateur. I was asked to sharpen some mower blades early this summer because it just wasn't cutting right. As I was preparing to do the job I asked if the mower had been serviced thinking it may need an oil change etc. Answer was yes so-and-so picked it up off season, serviced it and returned it here. Got down on my hands and knees to take a look... They were nice and sharp but unfortunately they were on backwards.
                              So, what did you charge for that?
                              Mike

My Dad always said, "If you want people to do things for you on the farm, you have to buy a machine they can sit on that does most of the work."

Comment

Working...
                              X