No announcement yet.

Yet Another Pie-In-The-Sky Free Energy Farce

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In Illinois the roads are so rough know one would notice little ramps in the pavement to generate power.

Back in the seventy's I remember they had an ideal to have floating buoys on the ocean. As the wave action raised and lowered the buoy hydraulic cylinders would be actuated creating energy by pumping a fluid. Never heard about it again. Another far fetched idea.

Here in DeKalb County we must have over 100 wind turbines. Opinions are mixed on the value of wind energy. We never hear if the wind turbines are making money or not. I see huge wind turbine blades being trucked down I-80 so they are still building wind turbines. I have a hunch someone is quietly getting rich off those turbines.
    Jim
    Last edited by outback; 12-02-2013, 11:47 PM.
    So much to learn, so little time

Comment

Originally posted by The Artful Bodger View Post
      Not if it was used to extract energy from vehicles going down a hill or braking to a stop. In those cases the vehicle owner/operator would get a bonus in reduced brake wear.
      D'yeh think that's what they meant? Not from what I read.

And less brake wear? maybe, traded for suspension and tire wear.

Keep eye on ball.
      Hashim Khan

Comment

Yea, but how does the driver control it? The devil is in the details.

Originally posted by The Artful Bodger View Post
        Anything that takes energy from a passing vehicle tends to slow the vehicle.
        Paul A.

Make it fit.
        You can't win and there is a penalty for trying!

Comment

I remember that. It was in an article in Pop Mechanics or Mechanics Illustrated. I liked the idea of capturing tidal water at high tide and then letting it out at low tide through a water turbine/generator. But both of them would be fantastically expensive to build and maintain in relation to the energy that they would generate. Just not practical.

Originally posted by outback View Post

Back in the seventy's I remember they had an ideal to have floating buoys on the ocean. As the wave action raised and lowered the buoy hydraulic cylinders would be actuated creating energy by pumping a fluid. Never heard about it again. Another far fetched idea.

Jim
          Paul A.

Make it fit.
          You can't win and there is a penalty for trying!

Comment

How about Moon Pie in the sky?
            http://www.shimz.co.jp/english/theme.../lunaring.html
            Sole proprietor of Acme Buggy Whips Ltd.
            Specialty products for beating dead horses.

Comment

Most of these people were the ones that received a "failure" grade in Physics class
              Energy can not be created, only transformed...... they never learned that !
              You can't take from one without affecting the other

So they try to "save the planet" and have zero thoughts on the above
              Wind generators slow Earths rotation....
              Wave action restriction can also affect the planets rotation..but in a small way

The posters original comments about the Mexican approach is right on ...why not make all sidewalks the same way ?
              then walkers would generate power by going up a set of stairs.

Rich

Comment

Originally posted by loose nut View Post
                It's not even new, they where messing around with that in Britain a few years back.
                IIRC it was a supermarket that had a system installed where cars drove over it into the car park,the electrical energy generated powered all the checkout tills.

Allan

Comment

Just wait for the traffic jams and brownouts!
                  Krutch

Mentally confused and prone to wandering!

Comment

Hi
                    "Wind generators slow Earths rotation....
                    Wave action restriction can also affect the planets rotation..but in a small way"
                    Surely the wind action is generated from solar energy and the wave action is from the moon and the earth hurtling through space massive residual energy from the "Big Bang"
                    No such thing as a "Free Lunch".
                    All we have had is theory based on personal opinion. It seems that we still have sellers of the new "Scientific Snake Oil" to grab money for their own ends.

Eric

Comment

Thread Segue... Cold Fusion... again

The science news story I am keeping an eye on is the latest in cold fusion (or whatever they think it is). <http://phys.org/news/2013-11-italian-company-portable-cold-fusion.html#ajTabs> has a story about an Italian company (ECAT) building cold fusion plants for sale early next year. The website phys.org seems like a reasonably good science mag type site, otherwise I would have shrugged it off as B.S..

Comment

Yeah, bs on the free energy from car tires and pedestrians, and more bs on the ever-so-soon cold fusion plants. Either it's a total hoax that just likes the attention, or they're sniffing for investor money (YOU could get in on the ground floor of a NEW technology that will CHANGE the world.) and it's a hoax of criminal proportions.

doug

Comment

Working...
                        X