Dumore toolpost grinder help ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dumore toolpost grinder help ?

I am missing the #1 pulley for my Dumore Series 44 toolpost grinder (1/4 hp with 3/8" diameter pulley bore). Could somebody tell me what the major OD of the #1 pulley is so I could make one?

Thanks.

I don't know the OD of the pulley but they are available from Dumore.

Joe

Comment

I'll just figure out the size from the speed chart. Hadn't thought about that until now.

I'm sure Dumore would sell me one and mail it to me, but I can make one out of a small piece of scrap for not much more time than I've already taken to write these posts. I'm kinda' into saving money these days.

Thanks for replying.

Comment

I don't have one right now either, but backing into the diameter is not a problem, it does not need to be an exact match to work.
        Keep in mind that a slight crown is needed to make the belt track properly. This can also be eyeballed with a file or radius attachment.
        Jim H.

Comment

Diam. at the center (crown) is .867. The diam. at the ends is .778.

Comment

Vinito:
            Here you go ...
            crown: 0.861
            edge: 0.757 (give or take a few thou)
            thick: 0.686

added - missed the previous post ... but it shows the loose tolerances as JCH notes

Den

[This message has been edited by nheng (edited 04-20-2004).]

Comment

Thanks guys.

I tried to do the math and figure out the diameters from the feed chart and existing pulley sizes, but each step had a mystery factor that expanded the gap between each step by various amounts. I ended up making a guess and turning out a pulley at .880" crown and .780" end diameters. Close enough for a lucky guess, for sure.

Thanks for taking the time to measure yours. Now I feel pretty good about my guess!

Comment

Pay particular attention to balance. If you drill a hole for a setscrew, drill an equal hole 180 degrees opposite to compensate.

----------
                Try to make a living, not a killing. -- Utah Phillips
                Don't believe everything you know. -- Bumper sticker
                Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects. -- Will Rogers
                There are lots of people who mistake their imagination for their memory. - Josh Billings
                Law of Logical Argument - Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
                Don't own anything you have to feed or paint. - Hood River Blackie

Comment

Working...
                X