Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photos: Two More Old Shops

THAT OLD GANG 'O MINE

Those wood floors were probably a lot easier on the legs than cement. I am considering puting down a wooden sub floor in my shop.
    To invent, you need a good imagination - and a pile of junk. Thomas A. Edison

Comment

George, get a couple of these good rubber mats to put in front of the lathe or other places where you stand alot. They do make a big difference, and are easier to keep clean than wood.
      Jim H.

Comment

Notice that nekked wire on china insulators,gotta keep them electrons coraled up.Ahh those were the days Things were simpler then.
        I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

Yeah, and imagine a guy with a length of bar stock over his shoulder, someone yells "Hey, Bo!". He turns and the bar stock hits the wires... ZZZZAAAPPPP. Dead simple.
          Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

That wiring is referred to as "knob and tube". A porcelain tube is used if going thru a stud. They are braided wire not bare. Many old homes still use it. My parents home was built in 1919 and still has some of that wiring. As long as it is not exposed to sun light it remains plyable.
            Super Dave

[This message has been edited by suprdvn (edited 04-24-2004).]
            Super Dave
            RapidtoCNC.com

Comment

Working...
            X