Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kasto Power Hacksaw - troubleshooting hydraulic feed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kasto Power Hacksaw - troubleshooting hydraulic feed.

I picked up a Kasto PSB180 (14" blade) power hacksaw (it also has a Walter sticker on it). The saw has been sitting for a number of years - it powered up well, but just sort of rocks a bit when the feed is engaged. The hydraulic oil level is good - I'm guessing there is air in the system? Can anyone out there provide advice (documentation) on setting up the hydraulics? Thanks for looking at this. Regards.

Is it three phase? If so switch two of the wires on the plug. It might be the pump is running in reverse. You don't list a location so we can't tell if you have 3phase available readily as we do here in Germany. All my machines are 3 phase except for hand power tools.

How to become a millionaire: Start out with 10 million and take up machining as a hobby!

Comment

That is a very good point. Yes, it is 3 phase and I initially had it running backwards (there is an arrow on the motor, it looks like it was painted on at the factory). Most of my principle machines are also 3 phase. Switching the rotation did not make any difference to the feed issue (hopefully it didn't harm anything - it didn't run that way for long). I have good access to the original owner, perhaps they still have the manual? The two low pressure hoses (presumably suction and return) are pretty sketchy - they also cross when they come up from the reservoir to the valve/pump block. I may have to take it apart, however, there are other things to clean up too - so I'll hold off on the hydraulics in case I can find a manual or advise.

Too bad I can't post pictures here. You folks in Germany make cool looking, great functioning machines.

Regards, David

Comment

Does your saw look like this one? Is the blade back and forth motion hydraulic powered? I doubt it is. Seems to me the blade motion would be on a scotch yoke or a cam actin of some sort.

Check your filter on the hydraulic system. Look for something simple first.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXfRubw6ATw

How to become a millionaire: Start out with 10 million and take up machining as a hobby!

Comment

Yes that is the one, except mine is just the saw machine (no bar feed system).

Comment

I would take the cover off that is probably covering the drive mechanism for the sawing action. Is there a stroke length adjustment on the saw? If it last cut something quite wide the stroke would have to be quite short as to not foul the vise.

Comment

Working...
            X