Steel Guitars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steel Guitars

I saw something a few days ago on cable about steels guitars, which I have always enjoyed the music of those who play the steel guitar.

They showed how this one person made steel guitars, mostly hi tech. Out in the country side, he has a CMC shop to make these sweet sounding instruments.

Any one else catch this show or has any one made one?

Jerry

How 'bout an aluminum guitar?

From Here.

Doc.
    Doc's Machine. (Probably not what you expect.)

Comment

[This message has been edited by pgmrdan (edited 09-02-2004).]

Comment

Some people never learn what the word "impossible" means!

Comment

If you can see it you can make it.

Jerry

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by jfsmith:

Any one else catch this show or has any one made one?

Jerry
            </font>
            Gotta love that instrument....

I dunno about making them, the linkages and pedals and so forth are outrageous. And the tuning has to come back to right on pitch when the pedals are released.

A guy I knew years ago had a simple old Fender, I think it has no more than 6 pedals, but it was a bear to learn....and pretty complex mechanically even though it was "simple".

I would think CNC would be THE way to go with all the repetitive parts in those things.

I missed the show, what maker was it on?

Doc,
            those points are real nasty-lookin belly and wrist stabbers.....ouch.

Keep eye on ball.
            Hashim Khan

Comment

Saw a show the other night about a new computer controlled system that can be installed in an electric guitar that allows the guitar to be retuned to any tuning you want. Below the bridge are computer controlled levers attached to the strings operated by motors that apply the exact right tension to the strings using a feedback system to retune it to any of 256 different tunings. There is a LCD display that the musician may program any way he likes. It will change from one tuning to another in one second as you play. The tuning is mathematically perfect. You want open C, you got it. You want a sitar, no problem. Only cost a few grand, retrofit to nearly any guitar.
              Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

(but it was a bear to learn....and pretty complex mechanically even though it was "simple".)

Have you ever noticed: the: that tne best steel players are NOT young??
                something about experience there.......

Comment

Working...
                X