Need Advice, best 3d modeling software to gcode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Advice, best 3d modeling software to gcode

I got a few hundreds saved up. I need some cadcam software.

I have been getting bye with just ace convertor and autocad. I wrote several subroutines to use visual basic with a joystick but the math functions are a little much. Timing even with directX calls slips by the nature of windows os.
    I have yet to install a copy of EMC for machinery control.

My machine (bridgeport) currently runs turbocnc.

What is the best with the shortest learning curve? Modeling.. to gcode.. bobcadcam? V18?

David..

Picked up HSM's recent issue, saw the price drop on bobcadcam.. bought it. (v19)

Did I mess up? I can tell you in a few weeks..

The 3d text engraving, sold me. Watch the bike shows for some of my "JUNK" to show up.
    I make junk rapidly with a cnc.. HA HA..
    David..

Comment

I was hoping this post would go a little further before you bought one. Guess I will have to ask for answers myself.
      David from jax
      A serious accident is one that money can't fix.

Comment

I was going to recommend MasterCam to you.

I got turned off by the high pressure sales tactics of the BobCam staff. They hound you pretty continuously and agressively after you download their demo. I didn't care for their style and they just seemed a little abrupt and demanding. They called me the first time the day after I downloaded it and I hadn't had a chance to install it. I still get calls from them after I told them I wasn't interested.

Comment

Spence:

Well they have gotten off on the wrong foot. Salesman Dave, he took my credit card number and told me it would be delivered on Tuesday, yesterday.

I called for a tracking number and they referred me "four" hours later to a fast talking (probably speed freak) who was packing my order "TUESDAY" for shipment.

I guess me and you are the only two that actually do what we say. HA HA.. GaMachinist told me you sent his manuals back.

David

Comment

IBEW,
            If you are interested in an older version 17 email me off list.
            I promise NO HARD sell.
            At my age there's not a lot left to go hard

John S.

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Comment

Working...
            X