No announcement yet.

Metric Dial gauges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not to hijack the thread but all this talk about metric dial gauges reminded me that I have one just laying about that I have no need for whatsoever. I would be willing to send this one (almost) free of charge to one of my Canuck or Brit friends on the board for the price of postage. It MAY cost more to send across the pond or up North than it's worth to you. I don't know. All I'd ask in return if you're interested is when you send postage you throw in a Loonie or Toonie or maybe a Dollar note if you're in Canada or if across the pond a British pound coin or note. Or whatever. PM me if you're interested and we'll work something out. Not interested in making any money on it, just suggested the coinage as a way to get something of little value from you but of a curiosity value to me and you get a tool that you can use. Not interested in Canadian pennies, nickels, dimes or quarters. We get enough of those down here. .

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i3...g/DSC03439.jpg

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i3...g/DSC03438.jpg

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i3...g/DSC03440.jpg

Comment

Strange, you gave the graduations of a metric dial gauge, eventually added the metric tolerance of the bearing you're measuring but cloud the issue with an infernal size and just to add, it's 3937 not 394. (add yer own zeros)

Regards Ian.
      You might not like what I say,but that doesn't mean I'm wrong.

Comment

I really dont want to continue , but I wont be bothering to post any measurements here again as everyone seems to get upset because I CHOOSE to drop some digits off when casually speaking about an approximate conversion put there for those who only seem to understand the imperial system .

I dont get upset by using a different approach but everyone else seems to , however when I am working with any instrument I will READ THE SPECIFICATIONS for the part and work to them , but when discussing a measurement I do and always will drop digits as I dont like to bury people in BS.

I am also seriously considering spending more time working than posting here and being criticised for thinking differently from the others who like to impress with numerical splendor.

I should also point out that this site is not as interesting as it once was , possibly because I am interested in actual machining not picking up people on ridiculous points of procedure .

These comments are not aimed at any particular persons.

Michael

Comment

I really dont want to continue , but I wont be bothering to post any measurements here again as everyone seems to get upset because I CHOOSE to drop some digits off when casually speaking about an approximate conversion put there for those who only seem to understand the imperial system .

I dont get upset by using a different approach but everyone else seems to , however when I am working with any instrument I will READ THE SPECIFICATIONS for the part and work to them , but when discussing a measurement I do and always will drop digits as I dont like to bury people in BS.

I am also seriously considering spending more time working than posting here and being criticised for thinking differently from the others who like to impress with numerical splendor.

I should also point out that this site is not as interesting as it once was , possibly because I am interested in actual machining not picking up people on ridiculous points of procedure .

These comments are not aimed at any particular persons.

Michael

Comment

Working...
          X