Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Totally off topic! Big Boys Photo Sniper..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Totally off topic! Big Boys Photo Sniper..

A photo sniper for chaps with strong arms!

A Vivitar 600mm f1:8 refractor and Pentax SV mounted on an old rifle stock. This is a non functioning device and will be given to a neighbour who likes to decorate his bar with eclectic 'stuff'.

Originally posted by The Artful Bodger View Post
    A photo sniper for chaps with strong arms!

A Vivitar 600mm f1:8 refractor and Pentax SV mounted on an old rifle stock. This is a non functioning device and will be given to a neighbour who likes to decorate his bar with eclectic 'stuff'.
    I have a similar device, Russian commercial product made in the 60s. Not the sort of thing to use in GB nowadays, it would invite a lot of attention from the police.

Comment

If you would like to modify your old Foto Snaiper to work with a modern DSLR here is something that I posted in 2008 at Convert your Fotosnaiper to Pentax! - Steve's Digicams Forums

Having fixed the Tair 300 4.5 lens on my 'new' Fotosnaiper I was soon thinking of ways to use it with my Pentax DSLR. It proved to be really easy.

The Fotosnaiper bracket has two pins that are lifted when the trigger is pulled, the one on the right in this picture comes up inside a socket and normally engages a shutter release on the base of the Zenit camera.

All that is required is something in the socket to make an electrical contact and fire the DSLR. This is a piece of insulating material with a simple metal contact and a single wire to the plug that fits the Pentax camera.

Here it is in position in the socket ready for the camera to be mounted to the bracket.

Thats it folks!

Seems to work too, just cock the lens mechanism, select the desired F stop, focus, first trigger pressure stops the lens down, more trigger takes the shot. I just need some willing subjects, every time the cat sees me pointing it at him he comes running and is immediately within minimum focus range!

I set the camera to Av, manual focus and enable manual aperture is selected in the camera configuration.

BTW, you also need a M42 to K adapter.

Comment

Action shot at the beach!

Following a moving target is so easy with the Fotosnaiper rig. I set the focus and run burst of exposures while she ran through the focus zone. This is with the lens wide open, 4.5. and shows the full frame.

Comment

Working...
        X