Man Computer Problems again!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man Computer Problems again!!

Hi Guys I received some PDF Files. Now i used to have adobe but it seems they want money now for any type of activity using it??? I have PDF Files and wish to know how to convert to the Adobe so I can print it out? HELP please I used to be able to do this but Now It doesnt work anymore. I downloaded latest ADOBE Version but no luck... Thanx Mike

Adobe's reader can still be had as a free download. If you have downloaded and installed it, but it won't open the files they might not be pdf's or they could be corrupt.

Comment

I downloaded star office (sun microsystems) its free and can open, edit and create pdf files
      Mark

Comment

Originally posted by madman View Post
        Hi Guys I received some PDF Files. Now i used to have adobe but it seems they want money now for any type of activity using it??? I have PDF Files and wish to know how to convert to the Adobe so I can print it out? HELP please I used to be able to do this but Now It doesnt work anymore. I downloaded latest ADOBE Version but no luck... Thanx Mike
        What operating system are you using? Adobe PDF reader is "free" but like others have pointed out, you may have downloaded some virus infected files.
        Retired - Journeyman Refrigeration Pipefitter - Master Electrician

Comment

Foxit Reader is good. Nev.
          Nev.

Comment

I stay away from Adobe for whatever reason.. I use a free program call PDF Xchange PDF viewer...Find it on downloads.com or their website..

Comment

If it is asking for money then you are likely not using the intended product, probably unknowingly tricked into something undesireable. For viewing and printing PDF files there are numerous choices, Adobe Reader is free and I think you should try to download and reinstall it in an attempt to fix whatever has "hijacked" your PDF files. Installing it should re-associate it with PDF's and, in theory, solve your problem. This won't address any infection if you have one.

Optionally.... Might be best to uninstall any previous versions of Adobe Reader first, as well as any other "PDF" programs you don't recognize or that have a very recent install date that coincides with your issue. You can uninstall programs in the control panel, look for an icon that says add/remove programs or Programs and Features.

Here is a direct link to the adobe reader installer direct from Adobe, without any junk add-ons.
              ftp://ftp.adobe.com/pub/adobe/reader...1006_en_US.exe

Best Wishes.

Comment

Mike,

I suspect you downloaded Adobe Acrobat instead of the free Reader.
                Mike
                WI/IL border, USA

Comment

Working...
                X