R.I.P. Ower Gert.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R.I.P. Ower Gert.

As this is slowly starting to filter out on other forums I though I'd post on here first as a heads up post.

Back in June 2013 Ower Gert, Lesley, AKA Marypoppinsbag over on Ebay was diagnosed with a brain tumour, she had been ill for some time.

In July last year she had a successful operation to remove most of it. Because of it's position behind her right ear it was a tricky 8 hour operation so as not to try to damage any nerves affecting sight, hearing and swallowing. The outcome was quite good with only slight damage to here eyes, sight was OK but focusing was a bit out.
    Between July and November she had work done on her eyes and they were following up on the operation to see what could be done to combat the growth left, either intense radiotherapy in 1 to 3 doses at Sheffield or 30 low doses applied everyday at Derby. Sheffield were not happy with the amount left and passed it over to Derby who started treatment on the 16th of December.

Treatment had been going fine up until Monday this week, the 20th when she complained of feeling sick and the room spinning.
    I helped her back to bed and she turned very pasty, A paramedic was called and got there in literally 3 minutes but as he was examining her she died.

We never made her illness public as neither of us wanted the attention and I have not posted this before as I am not looking for the sympathy vote or expecting prayers to be said for the family. None of us are that religious anyway.

As I have said it's a heads up post so please don't go over the top. Life must go on no matter how hard at the moment.

There are delays as she was not expected to die and an autopsy had to be performed. It turns out she died from a blood clot to the lungs.

I probably will not update this post as there isn't much else to say. We have all the support we need and more than enough offers from others which we won't be able to use because of distance.

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Sorry for your loss John.
    All the best to you and yours.
    Jon

Comment

Sir John, Very sorry to hear the bad news. JIM
      jim

Comment

Thanks for telling us straight up. You're a good man who lost a good woman.
        Southwest Utah

Comment

I offer my condolences John.

Comment

Sorry to hear of your loss.

Comment

So sorry Sir John.

Comment

Andy

Comment

Best wishes John.
                  Kansas City area

Comment

Errol Groff

New England Model Engineering Society
                    http://neme-s.org/

YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/GroffErrol?feature=mhee

Comment

My condolences as well. At least it seems she didn't suffer for very long. My parents both died in their sleep. Other than many years of good health, a swift, painless death is the best one can hope for.
                      http://pauleschoen.com/pix/PM08_P76_P54.png
                      Paul , P S Technology, Inc. and MrTibbs
                      USA Maryland 21030

Comment

Thinking of you and yours.

Comment

RIP Gert.

Comment

Your the real deal John and so is Gert,
                            it's on you now and I hope you know that people care and that's enough,,, RIP Gert.

Comment

. Life must go on no matter how hard at the moment.
                              I am well acquainted with that feeling as I lost my wife of almost 59 years last Oct. 30, all in one day.

I have been told that most people, after such a loss, experience somewhat the same feelings and if that be so, ( based on my experience )you are quite numb like being in the twilight zone accompanied with a very empty loneliness that children cannot fill. After almost 3 months the numbness is about gone but not the loneliness. I would suggest keeping as busy as you can.

You will never forget her as well you shouldn't.

Jim

Comment

Working...
                              X