No announcement yet.

R.I.P. Ower Gert.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My words are not worthy nor measurable to relieve your pain.
    But our hearts are heavy with remorse at your loss John,
    We wish you strength, and may you relish the time you were able to spend with her on this earth.
    I have no doubt your sense of humor and support gave her comfort and warmth in those very tough times.
    Rich
    Green Bay, WI

Comment

and life will go on, though not the same...
      condolences my friend
      please visit my webpage:
      http://motorworks88.webs.com/

Comment

Sorry for your lost.

Comment

What a sad news! Be strong John. Time will heal your wound.
          Mike
          WI/IL border, USA

Comment

Genuinely sorry to hear this John, my condolances.

Comment

Thanks guys, really appreciate the sentiments and good wishes.
              As I said previously it was more a heads up post as we had kept her illness down to just a few people, not secret but neither of us wanted the attention.
              I would like to thank all the people who have sent condolences and good wishes either on the forum, by PM or email and there has been loads.

We, that is the family, are swamped by messages of support and help which for practical reasons we cannot use.

This is just one I received.

"Hello John,
              Xxxxx tells me you lost your wife and I wanted to give you my condolences. If I can do anything for you please tell me. If you would like a trip to the States I will fly you over to have a look at what we are doing . We have rooms at the shop so you can stay as long as you like "

This from a guy not on this forum who I have only met twice in my life.

Incidentally I am not dropping hints here as I have politely refused the trip.

Hopefully I have or am replying to PM's and emails but if I do miss some one out it isn't on purpose, a lot are just "sorry for your loss PM's " and I'm sure they were not expecting replies anyway. The message type PM's and emails I am replying to

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Comment

People are only offering back what you've been giving out for years, John. For many (like me) all they have to offer is their kindness or condolences, and no-one more deserved.
                Peter - novice home machinist, modern motorcycle enthusiast.

Denford Viceroy 280 Synchro (11 x 24)
                Herbert 0V adapted to R8 by 'Sir John'.
                Monarch 10EE 1942

Comment

Sorry, John.

Comment

I am very sorry to hear this sad news, Mr Stevenson. Permit me to add my condolences to all the others.

Comment

Very sorry, John. Best wishes.

Comment

Sir John,
                        Sorry to hear the bad news.
                        Keep your chin up and remember the good times. Time does heal.
                        Jim

Comment

What can I say Sir John which has not already been said ?
                          Words can never be sufficient at such a time. Clearly you have been her stalwart during this difficult time. Now she can watch over you again
                          You have a lot of friends here, who would love to stand by your side in support.
                          Lets face it you have supported ( as well as entertained) so many of us over so many years.

You have my condolences too.
                          John N

Comment

Sir John, once again my condolences at this time.

Now should you change your mind about going to the US that is almost half way to NZ where a warm welcome would be awaiting you! I think I know a pub in this town that would sell a pie and a pint, heck, they might even warm the pint if required!

John Hill

Comment

If you're near Radford Semele or Ufton this year I'll buy you a pint. I'll even buy the lad a pint if it's fruit juice.

All the best John, our thoughts are with you.
                              Location- Rugby, Warwickshire. UK

Comment

"... every man's death diminishes me because I am involved in mankind." John Donne

I've never met either of you, but I can still say the world is diminished by her passing.

All the best to you and family as you carry on.

Jan
                                "People will occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of the time they will pick themselves up and carry on" : Winston Churchill

Comment

Working...
                                X