No announcement yet.

R.I.P. Ower Gert.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry for your loss, I am in the same situation with Noeline bed bound and nursing her has taken me out of the shop almost permanently, I'm sure the same was true for you. Chin up buddy. Peter.
    The difficult done right away. the impossible takes a little time.

Comment

Originally posted by randm View Post
      If you're near Radford Semele or Ufton this year I'll buy you a pint. I'll even buy the lad a pint if it's fruit juice.

All the best John, our thoughts are with you.

Near there ? I can't even bloody spell it.

Sorry don't do the Midlands show any more, only do Harrogate and then just as a member of the paying public but I usually nip in the trade entrance without paying. Been doing the shows for so many years the security guys think I'm still part of the show and just let me in

There is supposed to be a new one this year, small family run one, more models than traders at Stamford in April, might pop over to that for a day, it's only 1 1/2 hours away.

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldbrock View Post
        Sorry for your loss, I am in the same situation with Noeline bed bound and nursing her has taken me out of the shop almost permanently, I'm sure the same was true for you. Chin up buddy. Peter.
        Peter having been there I know how you must feel. Sorry for your responsibilities - truly.

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Comment

One thing you can't deny SJ is this is an awesome group of guys (and don't forget Bazooka too)
          and another thing is religion has absolutely nothing to do with it, The language spoken here is universal, You lost someone special and your going to be going through it,
          There are many of us stubborn old birds that feel like we have the luxury of stepping in to help others but refuse any kind of compassion when were heading into a storm... I know it sickens you in a way - but deal with it...

Raising a pint to Gert right now and will miss all your comments about her, you always found a way to bring her into certain topics ----------- if im too snockered and spoke out of line talk to the hand, i'll face the music in the morning...

side note; we are not the only creatures to feel this kind of compassion about loved ones - many intelligent mammals also exhibit this kind of behavior, some may even be in our bellies right now...

my bro ran over a rabbit - stopped to check if it was dead or suffering - it was dead, but when he walked up to check here's it's mate sitting there about a foot away, did not move, bro could have easily reached out and picked it up...

makes you think. have a friend who just lost his wife of decades to a long battle of a painful illness, he's the rabbit that never left her side,,, sounds allot like you...

Comment

Sincere sympathies, John.
            We lost a niece (aged only 32) the same way (a pulmonary embolism) in October, and that's been quite hard to deal with.
            Cheers, friend.

Comment

sorry ffor your loss.

cookie

Comment

As "Clumsy Bastard" would seem to be inapropriate.... I'd just like to wish you the best for the future.

Rob.

Comment

Rob,
                  I was waiting to see who'd be first with that. LOL

Appreciated

Comment

I'm saddened to learn of this, John.
                    If she was half as generous and delightful a companion as you seem to be, then I know her loss will be hard all who knew her.
                    Lynn (Huntsville, AL)

Comment

• Originally posted by MrSleepy View Post
                      As "Clumsy Bastard" would seem to be inapropriate.... I'd just like to wish you the best for the future.

Rob.
                      Originally posted by John Stevenson View Post
                      Rob,
                      I was waiting to see who'd be first with that. LOL

Appreciated
                      Those will be John's last words, berating the doctor as he departs.

Or will it be "Damn it, which way did Evan go? I don't CARE send me in the other direction. You mean it's not settled yet? Well then I'm staying put."

Comment

• I was always impressed by Spike Milligan having
                        "I told you I was ill " placed on his gravestone.

And wasn't it Joan of Arc that uttered the immortal words "This girdle is killing me " or was that Mae West ?

Comment

• Now your making us laugh --- that's good stuff for sure...

were all heading there, if you can have a sense of humor about it more power to you.

Now that your batching it SJ you might want to find a mutual friend to keep in tabs with so he can call and do a "body count" on you once in awhile, beats having the pets chow down on your carcass after you kacked and then the human society having to euthanize them because they got a taste for human flesh,,, Welcome to my world buddy...
                          Last edited by A.K. Boomer; 01-27-2014, 10:10 AM.

Comment

• I love my shop. I always say...If I can't take it with me - I'm not going!!!
                            Kansas City area

Comment

• Awhile back I was engaged to be married to a wonderful woman named Jenifer... She was taken suddenly from me by health problems. Knew that it was a likely outcome based on her illness, but we decided to push forward with "normal life" regardless. Basically, when I say "suddenly" we were not expecting it to happen "so soon." Regardless it's still a huge shock to one's system to lose someone who you've grown accustomed to.

I dealt with it the same way I deal with everything else: Humor. Life to me is a huge comedy routine... and I'm in on it. People couldn't understand why I was cracking jokes and making off-color remarks "so soon." Everyone except my two closest friends -- they get me. They understood. And I know Jen would have gotten it too, because she had the same god-awful sense of humor and rotten no good point of view that I do. In fact we were frequently the subject of each others punch-lines. Dream was to do a husband-wife comedy tag-team on stage at some point.

Anyway, don't mean to steal focus here. Just pointing out humor has it's place in the grief process.

Comment

• Sir John,

I agree that death is a part of life, and it is the way of things. But it still hurts. And you have taught me way too much and made me laugh too many times for me to have no feelings in this matter. I can honestly say I felt a little "gut punched" when I read the news.

Rest in peace, Gert.
                                Definition: Racecar - a device that turns money into noise.

Comment

Working...
                                X