O/T Phantom II Vision Quad-copter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• O/T Phantom II Vision Quad-copter

I have asked this question a another forum also and if its not appropriate please ignore or delete.

does anyone on here know anyone that has one of these ? im considering it but would like to get input from a real owner / operator, not just advertising b/s.

they do look like a really neat toy. . . check it out.

thanks very much. .
    davidh

Hi davidh
    I don't know if it's the same unit, but scroll down to Harry Manko's New Copter Cam on this page:
    http://southbaysail.com/harry-manko.html

Comment

Originally posted by davidh View Post
      I have asked this question a another forum also and if its not appropriate please ignore or delete.

does anyone on here know anyone that has one of these ? im considering it but would like to get input from a real owner / operator, not just advertising b/s.

they do look like a really neat toy. . . check it out.

thanks very much. .
      davidh
      The weekend before last there was a guy with one at the Wizard Comic Con I was taking pics of. Neat little unit. He had a little go pro strapped under it. I dont see any of the video on youtube but there is a lot of other video from it.

There also was a guy at the local dorkbot meeting that was showing some video from his Phantom. He seemed pretty happy with it.

For those who want to geek out the pics I took are here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/6729211...7640122141246/

Comment

~1,200 bucks worth of big boy toy. I flew r/c gas and electric planes for many years, and am tempted to try a FPV quad.

None of them are cheap.

doug

Comment

I tried the r/c plane thing, had my own flying field here in farm country, spent what seemed like tons of $$$ and time and loved the take-off's.
          I only made one safe controlled crash, the others were not at all safe. I would get a terrible increase in heartbeat when I could not see either where it was, or which direction it was going so I just throttled down and pointed the nose to the ground and went hunting for the pieces
          these cool things will come home and land themselves, solving many problems for me. and to get a pilots view of whats going on is exciting as can be, to me anyway. . . still have not ordered one. . .

Comment

Working...
          X