• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evan I sure miss you

Not a peep for way too long

me too
    George from Conyers Ga.
    Remember
    The early bird gets the worm, BUT it's the second mouse that gets the cheese.

Comment

Very much missing his contributions.

Comment

Originally posted by glug View Post
        very much missing his contributions.

Comment

Hope you are OK Evan. We know you have medical issues, we worry about you and you know that don't you.
          The difficult done right away. the impossible takes a little time.

Comment

I wish you the best Evan. I hope you are OK and having a good life.
            Kansas City area

Comment

I corresponded w/ Evan at the end of January.

Here are some excerpts of what he had to say
              "I’m OK for now, more or less, depending on what day it is. I haven’t
              been doing very much of any sort except messing with my computer.
              I am not pissed at all with the forum or anybody on it. I just don’t have
              much to talk about. I can’t do much anymore since my two strokes.

I have been modding the computer significantly. It now has 5 terabytes
              of spinning drives and 2 SSD drives along with a heat sink the size of a
              shoe box. With that heat sink it runs nearly silent even at 4.3 gigahertz
              at full power. It runs three monitors with one of them 3D. I have also
              been experimenting with a ram drive but have discovered that they are
              basically useless. The only thing they are useful for is to move data from
              cache to cache. If the software being used has no caching to do it makes
              no difference at all.

The main thing that is causing me a lot of trouble from the second stroke
              is an issue called “anomic aphasia”. I have the “pure type” which means it
              causes a very specific problem. It is seriously upsetting and incredibly
              frustrating. What makes mine the “pure” type is that I can still read and
              speak words as I read them at full speed, listen with no difficulty and spell
              all words just fine. It has nothing to do with memory. It is a specific blockage
              of the words you need to speak when you need them. [ ..snip..] It also
              screws up my writing but at least I can find the words I need by looking
              them up or just thinking about it for a while.

PS: Feel free to mention whatever you want on the forum."

Comment

Lets face it - if your here and your stuffing your garage full of machinery your a bit on the eccentric side

- and we don't appreciate who we have here until they're gone

Comment

Thanks Eddy - it's the next best thing to having him here is hearing his diagnostics at work - I really like the way he explains things and have learned so much from him over the years about stuff I never even knew existed...

Miss him X 4 as nobody puts up a rebuttal quite like E.W.

Comment

Anomic aphasia must be particularly difficult for somebody as articulate as Evan. I would be glad to see him participate here in any way he can, even if it's just posting more pictures of cool stuff he does.

Comment

Come on EVAN, we need pictures.
                      Last edited by Mcostello; 02-28-2014, 10:26 PM. Reason: doh spelling
                      mark costello-Low speed steel

Comment

I dont type very well ,so I often thought it would be so neat to have someone like Evan living next door.Imagine going next door and getting guidance on your next electonic or computer question.Better health to you, Evan.

Comment

I nagged him on the phone this afternoon and he said that he was thinking of getting back on line. He can be stubborn though.
                          Duffy, Gatineau, Quebec

Comment

Yeah. Evan is a missed input to the Mix!! JR

Comment

Evan I sure miss you

Come back , Shane!

Frankly.
                              I miss the controversy.

Comment

Working...
                              X