Shop Safety, sort of....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shop Safety, sort of....

I am very cautious around the shop, I wear all of the protects gear and many times go beyond the recommended.

So why did I slip on the stairs in the house and crack my right leg? I think it's something to do with the urban legend about most acceidents happen at home or near home.

I am not in a cast, but it sure hurts.

Jerry

Not an urban legend. Most accidents happen at or near home, because that's where you usually are.

Comment

I think it's because when we are home, our guards are down. Home is sanctuary where we are safe from the world - yeah right!

Jerry, I hope your leg feels better.

Alex
      Alex

Comment

Jerry,

Come on! Just tell us the truth.... You told your wife that you had found her the prefect milling machine to go with her new dress and!!!!!! and just like that you are slipping down the stairs.

Dan

Comment

Dan,
          I bought my non live in girlfriend threes hand made designer dresses last week with all of the extras, but that was for her birthday.
          I really did stumble at home and only the cat was around and he heard language that normally old salty Marines use.

Jerry

Comment

"my non live in girlfriend"

Jerry, you are a wise man!

When it comes to women there's an old saying about having one "in my life but not in my house".

Comment

Mine still gets up and fixes my lunch box.

FOr every old crusty fart there probably is a woman who'd love to share his life.

We got married April 16th on my lil girls birthday, she has been here with me for 5 years.. I got her insurance, she got my name and part of my retirement money/house to claim.

Life is not perfect, but pleasant.

The older we get, the more careful we have to become. I am scared to pour molten metal by myself here.. Scared.. never been scared of anything before..

David

Comment

Fear is what keeps us safe. Familiarity is the dangerous thing because it leads to inattention and laxity.

So fear is our friend. Cherish it and enjoy it, and take it in small amounts every day.

Taking that walk down the isle is the thing that strikes fear into my heart. You are a braver man than I.

Spence

Comment

Working...
                X