Gerstner Warehouse Sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gerstner Warehouse Sale

I got a card in the mail today from Gerstner. They are having their annual warehouse sale June 11-13. Sale prices are 20-70% off. In addition to the chests, they also have antiques, rocking chairs, tools and more.
    It is in Dayton OH, but you can order by phone or internet.
    More info on the website www.GerstnerUSA.com I have no affiliation, but everyone should own at least one Gerstner.
    Jim H.

Nice looking wood working, I think you are right that we all need to own one or two of these.

Jerry

Comment

Looking at those chests reminded me of a question I've had for a while now. I've heard that those little mirrors have a purpose other than looking at yourself or seeing if someone's sneaking up on you. Anybody know?

10f

Comment

Read somewhere (probably on this board) that the mirror was put there in the days before safety glasses - if you get one in the eye you don't have to go looking for a mirror to see the damage.

[This message has been edited by decoy91288 (edited 05-06-2004).]
        Craig

Comment

I've always assumed the mirrors were meant to view the backside of parts or watch an indicator needle like when dialing in something on the mill. At least that's what I do with them.

Comment

Lots of old stories about the mirror in the box. One I like best was that the owners burying money was hidden behind it.
            Gerard Cutting
            One Park Avenue
            Whitehall, New York

Comment

Do you have to be there in person? Are these "scratch and dent", not that it would bother me ! Besides the 11th is my aniversary. Honey, just look what I'd like this year
              Forty plus years and I still have ten toes, ten fingers and both eyes. I must be doing something right.

Comment

According to one of Guy Lautard's books, it's so you have a mirror if you need to get something out of your eye. He called Gerstner, and that's what they told him.
                ----------
                Try to make a living, not a killing. -- Utah Phillips
                Don't believe everything you know. -- Bumper sticker
                Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects. -- Will Rogers
                There are lots of people who mistake their imagination for their memory. - Josh Billings
                Law of Logical Argument - Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
                Don't own anything you have to feed or paint. - Hood River Blackie

Comment

One more mystery solved by this board - thanks. Also checked under the mirror because I got it from a real old timer before he died. No grave money.
                  10F

Comment

Working...
                  X