Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alistair Hosie
    replied
    First things first we don't need to carry or produce any form of I.D here in the uk.So it is not illegal in any way shape or form so if any of you hear of that one again, just don't get worried.You cannot in other words be arrested for not having ID so keep cool laddie .OH don't get me wrong Blair was all for making ID here the law but the people did not like it and made their feelings known big time so it never went ahead,In Europe it is different in Germany when I lived there we had to by law carry an ausweis card with photo ID an instant fine if you didn't have it with you at all times but I don't think jail?

Leave a comment:

• The Artful Bodger
    replied
    see if there is a US post office in New Zeland
    Hardly likely.

Leave a comment:

• madokie
    replied
    see if there is a US post office in New Zeland, if so have him buy a US PO money order and send it to you.using the US federal govt to defraud is a felony, so if he screws you , the feds and local cops in new zeland,can go after him.This is a great way to sell a high priced item here in the USA, you just contact postmaster generals office file a report and armed federal PO investigaters start a criminal investigation.we pay taxes for something here in the USA ..
    Last edited by madokie; 04-20-2014, 11:21 PM.

Leave a comment:

• RandyZ
    replied
    Originally posted by Black_Moons View Post
    Again, don't even trust the balance if it is in your paypal account. Paypal is HEAVILY buyer biased and will reverse the transfer with no recourse for the seller if the buyer hits the 'refund' button. He does not want the item at all, He just wants the money transfer.
    Not really. I bought my daughter a laptop from NewEgg and the thing shows up as a french model. After fighting with NewEgg for over a month, to get it exchanged, I finally contacted PayPal about it. Finally NewEgg gave me a RMA, but I still had to jump through hoops to get a refund. I had to do a trace, find out who received the returned laptop and give this info to Paypal. Paypal still gave NewEgg 2 week to verify this info, before they grudgingly gave me a refund. 8 weeks to get this resolved.

Leave a comment:

• KJ1I
    replied
    Originally posted by BigBoy1 View Post
    Several years ago we got a frantic email from a friend who said she was stranded in London because all of her money and ticket had been stolen. She was asking us to send her a thousand dollars for airfare back to the US. ... It turns out her email account had been hacked and someone was using it to send emails to the people in her address book.
    We had exactly the same thing happen to us last year, except with the addition that our friend was in jail (in London), having gotten stopped for a minor traffic violation and then arrested because he could not produce any ID. Since he loves to travel, I called my wife at work right away. We had a really good laugh because he was right there with her at work. His email account had also been hacked. It was a close call because one of his other friends had actually gone to the bank and withdrawn $2000 but hadn't sent it yet. If I hadn't called right away, and he hadn't contacted his close friends to see who else had gotten the email .....

Leave a comment:

• BigBoy1
    replied
    I think all is a moot point now as I have not heard hide or hair of the guy again. Perhaps he figured I was stalling too long and just stopped sending emails. I've blocked his email address so I won't be hearing from him again. (That won't stop them from trying again with a new name!)

Several years ago we got a frantic email from a friend who said she was stranded in London because all of her money and ticket had been stolen. She was asking us to send her a thousand dollars for airfare back to the US. I replied that I would be more than happy to send her the money by Western Union if she would tell me the name and breed of my dog whom she liked to play with when she visited. Funniest thing, we never got another email from her again.

It turns out her email account had been hacked and someone was using it to send emails to the people in her address book.

Leave a comment:

• Allan Waterfall
    replied
    You could do what I do, and ask them as a matter of trust to send you a small amount of money first and you will send it straight back once you receive it.

Allan

Leave a comment:

• GEP
    replied
    I just read your post and it is verry clear that this person will rip you. If you want to play with him go for it but dont loose any money. I had similar e-mails
    when i sell items

Leave a comment:

• Ian B
    replied
    Just a little piece of information that might throw some light on things. In certain West African nations, there's a slang phrase "Can you Western me", which means "Can you send me some cash" - it's a very common way of transferring funds.

I also wouldn't be queuing up to take part. More about it: http://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling...m/td-p/2394948

Ian

Leave a comment:

• oil mac
    replied
    BigBoy 1 A few weeks ago, I received a very nicely crafted letter telling me I had won £900,000 on an Australian lottery, organised by the Bank of Australia, ( funny thing is I don't do lotteries, really weird, I must be getting absent minded) This outfit even had a telephone number in London, Well sounds good a telephone number in London, More likely to be London in Nigeria! I would love to know how these Barstewards get ones names & addresses, The same goes for my telephone number which is ex directory, The swine's still seem to access it
    Alistair says they are rats, Sorry Alistair you are doing the poor rodents a disservice, They are nice wee guys compared to these scammers As was said a red hot poker up their arses is a good idea, Heated both ends heat resistant gloves help your hands, & don't forget a funnel inserted first so you do not burn their rectums!
    your request is the same as mine, Don't touch it with a barge pole

Leave a comment:

• Alistair Hosie
    replied
    Leave this well alone my friend it is a bit stinky to me and I am in Scotland.You will only take on a very big problem that will end in grief we would all like to think that buyers are all honest but, over the last number of decades in my life,I have had to learn the following don't give anyone cash before the job is done don't lend to anyone even family as my brother did me big time then dissapeared,stole from me when I was in business a lot ,he even bough a lot of stuff and put it on my account and lied and lied and lied til he was blue in the face.So don't trust them the only people I trust now is my wife and children grandchilkdren and my daughter in law if your not one of those.I lent people money too easily when I was younger and not ONCE did I get it back without difficulty.The borrowers were never embarrased and even told me to take them to court as I couldn't get blood oput of a stone.end of rant but be careful brother there are lots of rats out there who do this kind of thing for a living,it is highly profitable and these days jail is not a problem for them you can get a very small sentence even for murder here in the UK as the jails are overcrowded and the judges magistrates are told to stop sending people to prison as it costs too much and the crooks know all the rules re this believe me.AAAAAAACCCCCCCHHHHHH doorty fur king Bar stewards. LOL Alistair

Leave a comment:

• Jaakko Fagerlund
    replied
    Originally posted by Black_Moons View Post
    Again, don't even trust the balance if it is in your paypal account. Paypal is HEAVILY buyer biased and will reverse the transfer with no recourse for the seller if the buyer hits the 'refund' button. He does not want the item at all, He just wants the money transfer.

It could also be money sent from a hacked paypal account and then your account will basically get frozen for accepting a fraudulent transaction after the transaction is reversed once the owner complains.
    I said that when you see an empty balance eventhough someone claims to have sent you money, it just proves the email from "PayPal" was indeed fake.

And getting a refund is not just a simple press a button system, it doesn't automatically guarantee you get your money back.

Leave a comment:

• BigBoy1
    replied
    I really appreciate the inputs. I was about 80% sure it was a scam but now I positive it is.

The one thing which bothered me was there was no mention of how to crate up the machine and weight of it. How could the $310 shipping cost be determined if the size and weight of the crate are unknown?

If I get a reply, I ask for the name and address of the shipping company and I pay them cash when they arrive.

Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• LHC
    replied
    Originally posted by boslab View Post
    I like the rope one, A red hot fire poker stuck up their arse, cold end first, so they burn their fingers pulling it out! Lol
    Mark

LOL - You Brits are great for expressions.
    Like here in Canada, "arse" tends to be used more than "ass" - and for some reason it always brings a smirk to my face.
    The best ones are those that you have to google and search to figure out what the hell is being said -
    "goes like the clappers"
    "a wee bit of dram and then get some kip"
    the list is endless....

sorry for the tangent lads....

Carry on....

Leave a comment:

• Black_Moons
    replied
    Originally posted by Jaakko Fagerlund View Post
    Easy way to check was this: open web browser, go to paypal.com, login and notice that there is no extra money anywhere and no history of any said transaction happened.

SCAM, plain and simple.

It could also be money sent from a hacked paypal account and then your account will basically get frozen for accepting a fraudulent transaction after the transaction is reversed once the owner complains.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X