Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Starrett Easter Egg Score!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Starrett Easter Egg Score!

    Does anybody know what type/color of stain the mic sets are?

    I can't get over the quality of the Starrett tools I picked up. I didn't get a fire sale price, but 30 cents on the dollar was a fair deal for next-to-new instruments.
    Got a 1-6" outside mic set, depth mic set, rear plunger dial indicator set and a mag base.
    Happy Easter!
    Last edited by superUnknown; 04-20-2014, 12:41 PM.

  • #2
    Happy easter for sure!! Great find!

    Comment


    • #3
      Nice tools.
      Those little rods are standards not gages.
      Just a wee heads up.

      Comment


      • #4
        Bring the box to Home Depot or Lowes and match the color at the Minwax display. Not quite mahogany, perhaps a variation of red oak.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Old Hat View Post
          Nice tools.
          Those little rods are standards not gages.
          Just a wee heads up.
          Standards. Got it, my ignorance was showing, thanks for the heads up!

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by flutedchamber View Post
            Bring the box to Home Depot or Lowes and match the color at the Minwax display. Not quite mahogany, perhaps a variation of red oak.
            That's a good idea. Thanks!

            Comment


            • #7
              You may want to sand a small area of the box to compare it to the wood color of the half-stained samples.

              Comment


              • #8
                Good deal - most sellers around here want 50c on the dollar for used Starret if they know what they are selling.
                "Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel"

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by jep24601 View Post
                  Good deal - most sellers around here want 50c on the dollar for used Starret if they know what they are selling.
                  But they often practically *give* away Lufkin (which I like much better that Starrett), Tumico, or B&S. As a consequence I have plenty of Lufkin, and only a couple Starrett.
                  CNC machines only go through the motions

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by J Tiers View Post
                    But they often practically *give* away Lufkin (which I like much better that Starrett), Tumico, or B&S. As a consequence I have plenty of Lufkin, and only a couple Starrett.
                    He's correct ! !

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X