Youtube type videos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Youtube type videos

Does anyone know a good easy to use video editing software that doesnt cost the earth?

I was looking at buying a GoPro or similar and making a couple of videos.

Michael

I use windows movie maker. Works ok, but am thinking to step up to something else.
    Steve

My youtube:
    http://www.youtube.com/MyShopNotes

Comment

I use Powerdirector by Cyberlink now. Get the trial version and see if you like it. However, I started with GoPro Studio that came with the GoPro camera and moved to Powerdirector software for the added features. You might just like the included GoPro Studio that comes free with the camera and never need or want anything else. GoPro Studio will give you enough capability to get some good videos onto Youtube.
      Cheers,
      Gary

Comment

I use Windows Live Movie Maker. Pretty quick, easy, and free. But it lacks some features that would be nice to have. Some of my earlier videos used Windows Movie Maker (not the "Live" version, whatever that means). It's still available for free download, and has a few more features, but is a little harder to use. I also tried BSR Movie Lab, which has a companion screen recorder for doing software tutorials. It's very powerful but it was not worth the cost (about $90) for my simple needs.

Check my YouTube channel for examples:
        https://www.youtube.com/user/PaulAndMuttley

I somehow created another account where I have a few videos. I wish I knew how to transfer them or link them:
        https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC00...VN1_uEA0ZyclSQ
        http://pauleschoen.com/pix/PM08_P76_P54.png
        Paul , P S Technology, Inc. and MrTibbs
        USA Maryland 21030

Comment

struggled with Windows movie maker for a year. it sucks, hang-ups, glitches and no audio split.
          Now use Corel Video Studio 7. Much easier, rock solid, no hang-ups, audio tracks are visible so you can quickly skip to talking parts.
          Free to try for 30 days. $60 there after 30 day 100% money back guarantee. Stumbled upon a little quirk of the billing system:
          Download free trial, buy the software get the registration key, register online, then call IF you aren't satisfied and get a refund, set your PC firewall to not allow Corel access to internet.
          Still working months later...
          (what happened was I bought it then they had a $20 off sale the next day, so I called, spoke to a nice lady, blah blah blah)

Comment

Originally posted by gcude View Post
            I use Powerdirector by Cyberlink now. Get the trial version and see if you like it. However, I started with jhkhvbGoPro Studio that came with the GoPro camera and moved to Powerdirector software for the added features. You might just like the included GoPro Studio that comes free with the camera and never need or want anything else. GoPro Studio will give you enough capability to get some good videos onto Youtube.
            Funny. I had PD on my computer for about six months now for some VHS to DVD type transfers. Hadn't used it till today. I needed to make a vid clip from some stills for a review on Amazon. They dont allow still pics but do allow vids, odd.

So I compiled some stills into a vid for posting. At first the program looked intense and abit overwhelming. I have never worked with a video editing package before. After about 10 minutes I was adding stills to a stream and editing the timing and placement. Saved what I liked and used the vid. Very happy.

I looked online for free video editing software and windows movie maker came up. It is loaded with windows, I have win8 but must have opted to NOT install it during my installation of windows because it was not one my computer, my fault. I have heard its a great package as well.

Both are free and readily available for free. I would suggest either one. JR

Comment

Editing is only part of the equation. You also need encoding software. Unless you intend to upload to youtube in the GoPro's shooting format you will need to transcode the finished video to a format that will not take so long to upload to youtube. Which version of the GoPro are you going to buy?

One thing to remember about YouTube is they will encode your video again no matter what format you upload. It is best to upload the best quality you have keeping in mind the upload times. I have very slow internet so what ever I upload I have to transcode to a much smaller bitrate than the original video I shoot.

How to become a millionaire: Start out with 10 million and take up machining as a hobby!

Comment

Thanks everyone for the replies , sometimes its better to ask someone who has used this stuff and then spend a little more wisely.

Michael

Comment

There is an inexpensive program called Tmpgenc video mastering 5 from Pegasys. It will allow you to do simple editing but more importantly it is a very good encoding program. It is used by many professionals for encoding. The parameters for encoding are very customizable. I use it all the time for encoding. For editing I use Edius Pro 7 from Grass Valley. It allows me to put clips made with many different codecs on the same timeline. For a titler I use Vistitle 2.5. Big learning curve but very capable.

The link to Tmpgenc: http://tmpgenc.pegasys-inc.com/en/product/tvmw5.html

How to become a millionaire: Start out with 10 million and take up machining as a hobby!

Comment

I use Serif MoviePlus X6. If you download and register one of the free old versions (of any Serif software) you'll get a cheap upgrade offer before too long. I got X5 for £10, then an upgrade to the current X6 for a further £10.

It has Storyboard and Timeline modes and will encode/auto upload to Youtube, Facebook, Vimeo etc.

Works well for me.
                    Paul Compton
                    www.morini-mania.co.uk
                    http://www.youtube.com/user/EVguru

Comment

Originally posted by superUnknown View Post
                      struggled with Windows movie maker for a year. it sucks, hang-ups, glitches and no audio split.
                      Now use Corel Video Studio 7. Much easier, rock solid, no hang-ups, audio tracks are visible so you can quickly skip to talking parts.
                      Free to try for 30 days. $60 there after 30 day 100% money back guarantee. Stumbled upon a little quirk of the billing system:
                      Download free trial, buy the software get the registration key, register online, then call IF you aren't satisfied and get a refund, set your PC firewall to not allow Corel access to internet.
                      Still working months later...
                      (what happened was I bought it then they had a $20 off sale the next day, so I called, spoke to a nice lady, blah blah blah)
                      Not sure why some folks think they are entitled to free software but actions like that put you right up/down there with thieves and liars. Your mother must be so proud.

Comment

If you have a linux box check out kdenlive. Its excellent and free.
                        Cheers,
                        Jon

Comment

I have a Mac and alternately use iMovie and Adobe Premier Pro CS6. I'll also use the Mac QuickTime tool as well. I also have a GoPro camera and it benefits greatly from the lens correction available in the Adobe suite. Primarily the fish-eye distortion of the wide field of view lens.

Comment

Yeah, kdenlive has a nice lens correction for the fisheye too, I think its also available for mac, dp.
                            http://userbase.kde.org/Kdenlive/Man...ens_Correction

Cheers,
                            Jon

Comment

Originally posted by CCWKen View Post
                              Not sure why some folks think they are entitled to free software but actions like that put you right up/down there with thieves and liars. Your mother must be so proud.
                              You only need to look at the gloat posts to see that he is in good company in this forum.
                              "Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel"

Comment

Working...
                              X