Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Always secure your loads

Always secure your loads.

Play Brutal Nature, Black Moons free to play highly realistic voxel sandbox game.

That's funny! I wouldn't be surprised to hear some idiotic local 'enforcer' made 'em do it though. Looks like a gov'mt job.

Comment

Originally posted by chipmaker4130 View Post
      That's funny! I wouldn't be surprised to hear some idiotic local 'enforcer' made 'em do it though. Looks like a gov'mt job.
      I'd hope that any enforcement agency that saw loose sand or gravel on an open, flat trailer would make sure it stayed off the road, nevermind adding the strap. I suspect BM is just having a bit of fun with us while getting work done around the farm. :P

Its kind of ironic that you posted this. We just had a local industrial plant's 1 ton flatbed pass us an hour ago in town at ~45 mph carrying two pallets of bagged concrete mix, both pallets piled ~5' high and neither the pallets nor bags-o-crete were strapped at all. One of the pallets was leaning at ~15 degrees, we were betting on how long til they lost all of it. Sadly they lost us in a 30 mph zone before anything interesting happened.
      Last edited by justanengineer; 05-31-2014, 04:46 PM.
      "I am, and ever will be, a white-socks, pocket-protector, nerdy engineer -- born under the second law of thermodynamics, steeped in the steam tables, in love with free-body diagrams, transformed by Laplace, and propelled by compressible flow."

Comment

Cant be the government, they make you use a net!
        Funny
        Mark

Comment

Good one!

Comment

Police officer "That strap won't hold the sand on, will it sir"
            Driver " Oh, bless you officer, it's not holding the sand on, it's holding the wheels on"

Comment

Don't laugh in some states it just might make it legal...

Comment

Sadly, that looks like something our Nanny-State Government will require in the very near future.

Comment

This reminds me of the story of the old guy who pushed a wheel barrow full of straw out of an Eastern European country many times, but customs never found anything suspicious under the straw. When the iron curtain finally came down, the customs officer, who was certain he had been smuggling something, asked him what he had been smuggling all those years. The answer was "Wheel Barrows".

But if there's nothing under the sand, that fine too. Better to take no chances, eh?
                  "A machinist's (WHAP!) best friend (WHAP! WHAP!) is his hammer. (WHAP!)" - Fred Tanner, foreman, Lunenburg Foundry and Engineering machine shop, circa 1979

Comment

Ah, so he's smuggling straps across the border-
                    I seldom do anything within the scope of logical reason and calculated cost/benefit, etc- I'm following my passion-

Comment

That made me laugh.

But you know, he forgot dunnage underneath it...

t
                      rusting in Seattle

Comment

The pile has moved and the dunnage is now under the sand somewhere.
                        Michael

Comment

We don't know what may be covered up by the sand, and maybe the strap is really holding something down. Casket, dead MIL.

Comment

Stupid People,
                            you all lost the plot, The guy is smuggling out Bridgeports hidden under the sand out of the country for Sir John

Comment

Working...
                            X