Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What can I do with two 250-gallon propane tank cylinders (end caps removed) ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What can I do with two 250-gallon propane tank cylinders (end caps removed) ?

They're 30" in diameter and 70" long with 1/4" wall thickness. The ends are cut flat but a little grinding here and there wouldn't hurt. Looking for ideas.
    Any products mentioned in my posts have been endorsed by their manufacturer.

Weld plate to the ends and turn them into barbeques/smokers?
    Last edited by jlevie; 06-22-2014, 06:20 PM.

Comment

Add axles and drive gears, seal the ends, fill with water or sand, and make a heavy duty power roller (steam roller?)
      http://pauleschoen.com/pix/PM08_P76_P54.png
      Paul , P S Technology, Inc. and MrTibbs
      USA Maryland 21030

Comment

Weld them into a 140 inch long tube, stand on end and cast into a concrete base. Have two pipes cast into the bottom also- one will terminate at the bottom, the other will have a pipe section rising up the inside to perhaps 8 or 10 feet. Paint the inside with a good sealer, then fill with good sized round rocks, then water. Make a top for it and insulate the whole thing. Run water through it until it runs clear. Now you can use it as a thermal mass. You can heat water with a rooftop collector and pass it through it, and you can use that water for showers and doing dishes.
        I seldom do anything within the scope of logical reason and calculated cost/benefit, etc- I'm following my passion-

Comment

You can make pontoons. Just like some local boys.

Comment

Telescope...pumpkin cannon...culvert...torpedo...gate post...small pontoon boat...gun safe...climb in and be the first to survive Niagara Falls...wind chimes...locomotive boiler...Fred Flintstone car,oops he wasn't from the iron age...really big crack pipe...barbeque/smoker...scraper behind a tractor...underground missile silo

Comment

They are a lot more fun with the ends still on them.
              The shortest distance between two points is a circle of infinite diameter.

Bluewater Model Engineering Society at https://sites.google.com/site/bluewatermes/

Comment

Submarine.
                Andy

Comment

They would make a nice culvert under a road.

Comment

Savonius Wind Turbine
                    -http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Savonius_wind_turbine

Comment

Turn them into a couple of stills, open a small bar, and retire.

Comment

Cut them around at 2 foot marks and sell the as camp fire ring. They go for $100 each out here in the mid west.

Comment

Cut the rings a bit more narrow and make heavy duty he-man hula hoops!
                          http://pauleschoen.com/pix/PM08_P76_P54.png
                          Paul , P S Technology, Inc. and MrTibbs
                          USA Maryland 21030

Comment

Originally posted by firbikrhd1 View Post
                            They would make a nice culvert under a road.
                            Done that.

Any products mentioned in my posts have been endorsed by their manufacturer.

Comment

Storm shelter , was mentioned in a previous post.
                              Michael

Comment

Working...
                              X