Need Instruction sheet/manual

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Instruction sheet/manual

I recently acquired a Dorian r-8 right angle head. I would like to pick up the components and use my BP clone as a horizontal miller from time to time. I need to get a copy of a manual or instruction sheet to put together the components. Can anyone help me out with this?
    Thanks
    Randy
    Do yourself a favor and see if your TV carrier has America One News Network (AONN). 208 on Uverse. It is good old fashion news, unlike the networks, with no hype, bias or other BS.

Can't help with instructions, but you might start this adventure by checking the angle of your mill's dovetails versus the one on the Dorian's support. Many imports have 55 degree dovetails.

Comment

How about try to contact Dorian for the manual?

Comment

My experience with right angle heads has been that they are only suitable for light machining operations. Use shallow DOC's and keep the speeds down and they work pretty well. But they are by no means a substitute for a real horizontal mill.

Comment

I did try Dorian, was well as Enco and MSC. They weren't much help.
          I did check the angle, it is 55 degrees.
          Thank for the responses

Randy
          Do yourself a favor and see if your TV carrier has America One News Network (AONN). 208 on Uverse. It is good old fashion news, unlike the networks, with no hype, bias or other BS.

Comment

Working...
          X