Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gage hand puller

Hi People

Does any one know where a puller for a pressure gage hand can be purchased or better yet plans to make one.I have a couple of real neat foxboro gages that need to be reset. The gages were made sometime in the 1920.
    Thanks for any help. Charlie
    Don\'t ask me to do a dam thing, I\'m retired.
    http://home.earthlink.net/~kcprecision/

Try a jewelers supply place. The have some pretty wierd tools (even to me)!

Dave

Comment

http://www.slarose.com/
      http://www.timesavers.com/
      http://www.merritts.com/

Comment

get 2 pieces of square stock about .100 to .200 inches wide, 6.0 inches long. At one end mill or file a concave cut. file or grind the back to match the front and you have made a pair of little pry bars with a rocking end that can pry off the gage needle. use card stock or other suitalbe material to protect the face of the gage
        gvasale

Comment

Charlie: The puller I use at work is somewhat like a minature bicycle chain breaker. It has a small tip which pushes on the gauge stem and this does not pull on the working parts of the gauge. The one I use is from Chandler Engineering. They make Dead Weight Testers for measuring pressure and/or calibrating pressure gauges.
          Don

Comment

Thanks to all who either posted or E-mailed.
            A Horologist supply never entered my head (got to have one first I guess, but makes sence. Thanks again. Charlie.

Comment

Charlie

If that does not work I have a 12 lb. deadblow Windoze98 "tuning fork" that can fix it...

Dave

Comment

Thrud: Fix what my head or the gage?

Comment

Paul: I tried to E-mail but it came back. Yes, Please send the picture. Thanks. charlie

Comment

THRUD: Did you get my email about my windoz fix? WALT WARREN

Comment

Walt
                      I might have - I cannot remember - I get spammed so bad I never eat the stuff anymore even if it is mystery meat!

Did you know the one time the USN tried Windoze in a Aegis test ship and it sufferd a blue screen of death and had to be towed back to dock? I hear now they get crazy now anytime windoze is mentioned. Good thing they have "portholes", eh? The Canadian Navy - all three rowboats - write their own software and actually "test" it. The computer(s) on the Algonqon class is distributed throughout the ship so a a single hit does not disable it like the Aegis class. So we can still fire - if we had ammo.

PS I hate windoze and Microslop. All hail Linux, (its free! its free!), Linux! Linux!

...but I am not bitter, after all, evil Bill has made many people very well off trying to make his crap to work consistantly for businesses.

[This message has been edited by Thrud (edited 04-19-2002).]

Comment

Charlie
                        ...depends on what mood your are in buddy!

Comment

THRUD: I understand about SPAM. I wanted to let you know that on my homebuilt AMD 1600XP with DOZ XP I was having freez ups 4-5 times a day even when the machine was just sitting there. I had 2 sticks of 256MB PC133 and I thought "What the hell" so I pulled one stick out and so far (5 days) the beast has worked without freezing. It never gave me the BSoD it just froze and the display remained on whatever I was doing. I think that all of the "freeze thaw" cycles caused some problems with the XP OS but since I have more to do than learn about this system I will ignore it. Thanks for the suggestion about getting below 512MB. I wonder if Windoz was responsible for the shoot down of that Iran Air jet. WALT WARREN

Comment

Walt
                            Hey, there's an idea, give the terroists windoze and 512Mb memory!

Glad to hear it works now, have fun!

Comment

First of all, I am interested in the gauge hand puller, I need one drastically for those cheapo calipers the school always gets.

For all of you windoze people, I have '98 edition 2.somehing or other and like it fairly well. The trick is to defrag your hard drive (s - plural, I have three in my rig) now and then, and do an occassional re-install of the windoze system (this does not mean bombing the hard drive, this just fixes missing files). Takes ten minutes to re-install, does not change the system or anything. Do not do the "uninstall" first.

The problem with all Microsnot stuff is that when you delete files, or even change some files, you change much more than that file, or delete and change other "linking programs" as well. You also leave "holes" in your hard drive.

Sometimes a maintenance re-install of your program software helps too.

I have to maintain 17 systems in my shop, so this is where I get my practical information from. each has its own personality, and there are more than enough times where I want the 5 pound windoze tunner hammer, but alas, this would not be a good role modeling practice for my dear impressionable students.

This is easier through windoze than it used to be in the win 3.1 systems, or DOS where you would not get the error messages or would have to bomb your hard drive to fix. I still have to run DOS based for my PC - CNC control machines

I have a Linux machine in my shop. Like it, but still do a scan, re-install, yah de yah. Still getting used to Linux, but like it thus far. MasterCam runs clunky in Linux though, but my compu guru in the school is bound and determined to make it work......

When I get the blue screen of death often, I usually do a re-install of the windoze system and the offending software.
                              CCBW, MAH

Comment

Working...
                              X