Well-Index Mill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well-Index Mill

We have a Wells-Index mill that is in need or repair; my supervision is wanting to buy used mill off of KSL.com. One is a Ramill XLT- Bridge Port Clone. One is Shizuoka and the other a Bridgeport. I need feed back as which one to buy; any input would be appreciated.
    Thanks Burke
    17mike

Originally posted by bvblack View Post
    We have a Wells-Index mill that is in need or repair; my supervision is wanting to buy used mill off of KSL.com. One is a Ramill XLT- Bridge Port Clone. One is Shizuoka and the other a Bridgeport. I need feed back as which one to buy; any input would be appreciated.
    Thanks Burke
    The company is still in existance in Grand Rapids or near there. They have all the parts for all mchines they ever build

Comment

The Shizouka is the best of the lot if it's in good condition. Those are a quality Japanese mill. I don't know the Ramill brand. I would put the Bridgeport next and the Wells-Index last. This is just one opinion, but based on many years using Bridgeport type machines.
      Kansas City area

Comment

Originally posted by bvblack View Post
        Thanks Burke
        The Wells-Index is the best mill of the lot in my opinion, assuming a later model its far superior to the Bridgeport. Depending on the ailments you should consider repairing it. If whatever you're buying will be sold later then by all means buy a Bridgeport, even junk ones sell well.
        Mike
        Central Ohio, USA

Comment

Fix it. Wells Index will even take your mill back and recondition to new or better for about half of a new one.

I've never had a problem dealing with them. And that is on a late 70's factory CNC, with a bandit control.. They still support it and always
          have the answer and the parts(driver boards).

http://www.wells-index.com/machine-r...aintenance.php

Comment

Here's Keith Rucker doing a review of his Wells Index mill. It looks like a decent piece of kit.

http://youtu.be/Lf9dqTijhnk

Comment

Originally posted by Ohio Mike View Post
              The Wells-Index is the best mill of the lot in my opinion, assuming a later model its far superior to the Bridgeport...
              Yup...
              Keith

Comment

Fix the Wells-Index. I consider them better than a Bridgeport.

Kevin B.

Comment

Originally posted by bobw53 View Post
                  And that is on a late 70's factory CNC, with a bandit control.. They still support it and always
                  have the answer and the parts(driver boards).

http://www.wells-index.com/machine-r...aintenance.php
                  Wow never thought I'd read those words again.
                  An air/over/hydraulic quill controlled by stepping rods.***

A thing to see in action.

***Assuming that's what model you mean.

Comment

Working...
                  X