Anilam DRO question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anilam DRO question

On my 12x36 Enco lathe, I recently had to replace the X axis scale on the Anilam Wizard 411 DRO, and the replacement works fine except for one small detail: as the crossfeed is moved toward the turned piece center (axis of rotation of the lathe), the units increase. Probably some small setup detail I forgot to do. The manual is not really much help, although in fairness to them I suppose it would be a thick manual if they had to cover every single issue that could possibly occur.

Anyone ever run into this?

Thanks,

Dan L
    Salem, Oregon

I assume you are measuring the diameter with a mike when your toolbit is engaged with the work?
    Just enter the number as a negative instead of a positive

Rich
    Green Bay, WI

Comment

Encoder setup -> count direction.

Rob

Comment

There is a setup parameter for that. It's been a while, but I believe there is a password protected menu that allows you to enter the resolution and count direction for your scales. The password is a four digit number that is standard and is in the installation manual for the particular readout.

I don't know if this is your exact unit, but look here and see page 43 of the pdf. It is page 29 of section 2 in the print version. It tells how to change count direction for the scale.

http://www.acu-rite.com/pdf/anilam/A...lish_Dec09.pdf

I found that manual here:
        http://www.acu-rite.com/anilam-user_support.html
        Last edited by alanganes; 07-19-2014, 08:46 PM.

Comment

Looks like Rich came up with the answer, just put in a negative value.

Even though the manual discusses changing the count direction in the sixth bullet on the page Alan pointed me to, I still see no field labeled as such, on the screen or in the manual. I know I did not need to put a negative value in with the old encoder, but something has sure changed.

Thanks guys, for your input. I've got a work around now. Saves a lot of time consuming calculations.

Dan L
          Salem, Oregon

Comment

Interesting that you seem to not have that menu. It is not typically in the regular menus, you have to push a "setup" menu and one of the choices is something like "installer setup" or something like that. it will then ask for a password that is a 4 digit number. The password is standard for all of them and is in the install manual.

Page 5 of the pdf has it as 8891 and says how to get to the menu. The Wizards I installed in the past were all configurable for almost any type of scale resolution, direction, home pulses, etc. Maybe your unit is a slightly different that what is described in this manual or is a particular variant.

So long as you have a way that works, that's what matters!

I added an old very basic DRO to my old mill and it made it so much easier to use. I have one for my lathe but have yet to get it installed. Need to get to that...

Comment

Thanks for your persistence, Alan. I finally got it configured.

What the manual does NOT say is that you can only change the count direction and error monitoring features IF you have it set to P-Trac for the reference mark. At least I think that's how I finally got to see those two final fields the manual discusses. Theoretically it may be possible to see those in the None or Single reference mark setups, but I couldn't get to them until I set the mark to P-Trac.

Dan L
              Salem, Oregon

Comment

Originally posted by Danl View Post

What the manual does NOT say is that you can only change the count direction and error monitoring features IF you have it set to P-Trac for the reference mark. At least I think that's how I finally got to see those two final fields the manual discusses. Theoretically it may be possible to see those in the None or Single reference mark setups, but I couldn't get to them until I set the mark to P-Trac.

Dan L
                I went through the exact same thing with the Anilam VUE on my mill. The bolt circle function had ME going in circles until I figured out I had to set it to P-Trac to reverse the count direction.

Comment

Originally posted by Danl View Post

Dan L
                  Great! Glad that helped some, though it was your persistence that found that. I don't recall that P-trac setting, but it has been a few years. I do recall that setting these up was not really that complex, but was not entirely intuitive, either. Nice to have things working as they "should be" working.

Comment

Working...
                  X