Central Machinery pneumatic riveter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Central Machinery pneumatic riveter

I need help with a Central Machinery pneumatic rivet gun.

Please, no need for disparaging Harbor Freight tools. Instead, help me with the problem. It will see limited use.

I got the thing open, following the instructions, to fill "to fill with hydraulic oil (unspecified) to 'the top of the housing.'"

Except I don't know what "hydraulic oil" they mean or exactly what "top of housing" means.

Does anyone have one of these and could help me?
    Vitَria, Brazil

Automotive Parts house Jack Oil

any light weight oil will do

Have not used one With air intake pointed down fill with oil until it come out the fill hole. Replace plug good to go
    George from Conyers Ga.
    Remember
    The early bird gets the worm, BUT it's the second mouse that gets the cheese.

Comment

If this a manual, or semi-manual unit, and there is nothing in the reservoir now, one source would be ATF.
      available any auto parts store.
      "top of housing" I would guess as up to the filler hole?
      Max.

Comment

Originally posted by davidwdyer View Post

I got the thing open, following the instructions, to fill "to fill with hydraulic oil (unspecified) to 'the top of the housing.'"

Except I don't know what "hydraulic oil" they mean or exactly what "top of housing" means.
        Should be ready to use right out of the box,won't need any oil replacement until it quits working, usually around 2-3,000 rivets.

When the time comes hydraulic jack oil or power steering fluid will work fine.

Comment

Jack oil is usually a ISO32 lightweight hydraulic oil.
          eg... http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...=1&*entries*=0

Rob

Comment

That's what the instructions for mine say also. It works fine, guess it's already filled. Dennis

Comment

I used pneumatic oil in mine and it works fine.

Randy
              Do yourself a favor and see if your TV carrier has America One News Network (AONN). 208 on Uverse. It is good old fashion news, unlike the networks, with no hype, bias or other BS.

Comment

I guess I'll have to see where I can find some oil here. It 's not like the States where you can find what you need easily.

But I'm sure there is some jack oil somewhere.

Thanks a lot for all the advice folks.
                Vitَria, Brazil

Comment

Download a copy of the "current" instructions: http://manuals.harborfreight.com/man...3999/93458.pdf

They state "Hold the Air Cylinder (29) upside down, and pour in hydraulic oil (not included). The fill level should only reach the top of the Frame (15)."

That means hold the part with the riveting head upside down, and add enough oil to just come to the top of the lip beneath the threads. Then reassembly. As stated elsewhere, since this is a low pressure application, jack oil, power steering fluid, or any light weight motor oil will work.
                  Kevin

More tools than sense.

Comment

power steering fluid or automatic transmission fluid for your car will work nicely, unfortunately, it might cost more than the riveter itself.

Comment

Working...
                    X