Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DS_park
    replied
    Consider re power with a "Honda Clone". Google and youtube have many examples.

In the US:
    Home Depot (check availability i store vs on line) carries a version.
    Harbor Freight carries a 212cc version.
    Lots of online go cart shops also carry.

edit: lifan engines- they make most of the clone honda engines
    Last edited by DS_park; 08-09-2014, 10:54 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Kenneth A. Menke
    replied
    Toolguy
    I have a 1940 GMC I restored with the exception of the 327 which has 400 heads ported and polished O-75 fuel cam Holly 4 barrel ETC. 400 trans. & 411 posi. track. But I don't want to till a quarter mile. I kept original parts if I decide some day to go original.

Thanks
    Ken

Leave a comment:

• Kenneth A. Menke
    replied
    Thanks guys I'll let you know of the results.

Ken

Leave a comment:

• krutch
    replied
    If it is an engine from the place Wiley Coyote used, I'd avoid it. Anvils drop on ya from above!

Leave a comment:

• Willy
    replied
    Here's another link to check out.
    These guys are the Acme gurus.

http://www.earthtoolsbcs.com/html/ac...ine_parts.html

Of course there is also the option of repowering it with something more common as long as you're not worried about what the neighbors think.

Leave a comment:

• michigan doug
    replied
    http://www.bcsshop.com/

I think you can still get ACME engines and parts there. If not, they can tell you about options.

doug

Leave a comment:

• Toolguy
    replied
    Since you have to replace it anyway, go with a small block chevy!

Leave a comment:

• Kenneth A. Menke
    started a topic ACME engine

ACME engine

New here guys.
    But you've heard that before. Anyway I have a Maineline Ladybug tiller (Italian built) I bought about 1980 been a fine machine direct drive. A few weeks back I was bragging on it and not an later it appears a connecting rod bolt must have come loose and put the rod through the side of the block... Now I'm looking for a replacement engine. The old ACME engine serial number is ALN290WB, CM3-287, I don't know what this is but is also on the engine with the serial number voldobbladene TV Italian. This was the large gas engine that could be put on the ladybug. If not an ACME engine does anyone have an idea what I can replace it with?

Thanks
    Ken::
Working...
X