Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No more Military Vehicle sales by U.S. Gov?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No more Military Vehicle sales by U.S. Gov?

I was ready to sell my 5 ton 10 wheel drive military truck but found out the gov is selling no more & will be scrapping them out. So I think I'll keep it. Too bad as they were such a great bargain, but no more. Our tax $$ at work again
    But the good news is Michigan has a new military classic one time tag that you don't need to put on the vehicle & insurance is very cheap.

So,.......... they call militarizing our civilian police depts. scrapping?
    Krutch

Mentally confused and prone to wandering!

Comment

I guess they want to reduce the chances of any of US having
      some slodid means of defending our rights Hey.

Comment

Which truck is this, and where did you hear they we're selling them any more?
        Mike
        Central Ohio, USA

Comment

Perusing the local Toyota showroom last week; they are now offering stateside, standard equipment in all 2015 model pickups. The frame under the bed has been modified/strengthened to accept most .50 Cal machine gun mounts. G

Comment

Yabbut you need to be careful with those 12.5mm Blowning machine guns.
            Location- Rugby, Warwickshire. UK

Comment

Got an online corroboration for that, Guido? Wouldn't surprise me given economies of scale, but more than a bit surprised there would be enough demand to warrant a design change.

Comment

As for "no more sales...," this is one of those "it all depends.." issues. It is driven by the EPA requirements, from which SOME, not all, military vehicles and engines were exempted.

More info can be found here: http://www.mvpa.org/wp-content/uploa...ales_email.pdf
                Lynn (Huntsville, AL)

Comment

I wonder what causes more pollution, driving around a high emissions military truck for a few years, or scraping it, shipping it to china, melting it down in non emissions controlled furnaces, casting it into new parts, machining them, casting 500lbs of new plastic body parts/trim and sticking it back onto a boat to the USA?

Just sayin...
                  Play Brutal Nature, Black Moons free to play highly realistic voxel sandbox game.

Comment

Just one more thing the government does that doesn't make any sense.

Wonder what all the National Guard units are going to do for vehicles now?Of course they are being stripped of every other piece of equipment,so why not trucks too?

http://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/2...te-test-after/
                    Last edited by wierdscience; 08-09-2014, 11:42 PM.
                    I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

The Federal Govt. is trying to take away all defensive capability from anyone they think might resist a hostile takeover of America by the Feds and the UN.
                      Kansas City area

Comment

Originally posted by wierdscience View Post
                        Just one more thing the government does that doesn't make any sense.
                        And here's another.
                        Report finds $1 billion in forgotten ammunition to be scrapped by military

OOPS!

Home, down in the valley behind the Red Angus
                        Bad Decisions Make Good Stories​

Comment

It's only OUR money. Years ago I had a friend in the National Guard that went on monthly field practice & had so much ammo to burn up. If they brought any back for any reason they got in trouble so they started to bury it in the cans.

Comment

Government is funny. Taxpayers can't buy them but they gave all kinds of them to ISIS for free. They even threw in some tanks, I read.

Comment

Working...
                            X