Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

best deal of the week on ebay or another damned nerve sale?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• best deal of the week on ebay or another damned nerve sale?

What to do with waste material!Alistair

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Milling-Cu...p2056016.l4276
    Please excuse my typing as I have a form of parkinsons disease

What's a "nerve sale"? Tool dip can be re-melted and re-used, plus it looks like the sale inmcludes several new block. Can't put a value on it because I buy tool netting.

Comment

What's a "nerve sale"?
      as in....
      "He has the nerve to charge for that rubbish"

Although that type of wax isn't cheap...so that price may be a bargain once re-melted.

Rob

Comment

But notice the seller did not state any quantity that the bid covers (at least that I could recognize). Is that 10 pounds per pound?
        Kevin

More tools than sense.

Comment

Ha Ha, This guy is a regular on my ebay searches since much of it doesn't sell the first few times around as he starts rather high. It's rather suprising that someone saved the stuff rather than just chucking it but maybe this will prompt a few people to think more about recycling even this trivial crud.

Comment

Originally posted by KJ1I View Post
            But notice the seller did not state any quantity that the bid covers (at least that I could recognize). Is that 10 pounds per pound?
            I looked at it as everything shown for 10 Brittish pounds, $16 USD approx.

Comment

I have an old price of around $6.00/lb. If the three blocks on the top of the pile are one pound each, it is a reasonably good buy. It can be remelted and used again, but you do need a means to heat it to around 350*F. Preferrably a melting pot with a good temperature control.
              Jim H.

Comment

Hi,

Yep, all reusable if you want dipped parts. A $10 pot style "deep fryer" will suffice for melting the wax.

Dalee
                If you think you understand what is going on, you haven't been paying attention.

Comment

Then immediately use the left overs for super precision french fries yuuuuch. Alistair
                  Please excuse my typing as I have a form of parkinsons disease

Comment

Working...
                  X