X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Black Forest View Post
    Tony you are getting old!
    It started with the hair loss.
    Then, out of the blue, I couldn't communicate with anyone 10 years younger than I.
    All I would hear is complete gibberish.

Now this?!

Comment

Sounds like a pinched nerve.. I thought it was arthritis when mine happened. Pain in upper back, shoulder, and numbness in left hand.

Half dozen sessions at the physio, and regular stretching exercises on an inversion table keeps me walking.

Comment

Originally posted by bob_s View Post
        Sounds like a pinched nerve.. I thought it was arthritis when mine happened. Pain in upper back, shoulder, and numbness in left hand.

Half dozen sessions at the physio, and regular stretching exercises on an inversion table keeps me walking.
        Did not like the pain in hand part of that, when i had my first heart attack they determined that i had suffered at least 2 before, the angiogram revealed that, so I'm up to about 4/5 in total, i thought it was a bad back too, thats where the pain was!
        Heavy lifting, heat etc, breathing metal fume and dust, stress, the usual culprits, smoking, ****e diet, overweight, just begging for it really.
        Get it checked please, and in any case the aspirin will do you the world of good as about 75 mg will thin your blood by half in 20 mins, i carry some with me, the guy across the road from me stumbled over a few months back, he wasn't well and asked if either me or the Wife could take him down the local ER.
        I asked what was wrong and he told me numbness in his face, jaw and back pain arm heavy, his speech was starting to sound slurred to, told the missis to get me a glass of water and i gave him about 500 mg of aspirin, and a plavix for good measure, the hospital is only 5 mins down the road so she took him, not advisable btw but ambulance station said 25 to 30 mins to arrive.
        Turned out he wasn't having a heart attack, it was a stroke, very minor, the doctors said i had done him the biggest favour he was ever going to get as he was quite fine in a few days, no lasting damage.
        Aspirin prevents bowel cancer too, must kill the bugs that cause it, my theory btw, I'm convinced viruses are at the root of cancer myself, mind you i think they may be at the root of many other diseases too, even mental illness, oh it runs in families, well they all live in the same house don't they?
        Just my theory but anyway rule out really bad things, it may be you have a disk problem or nerve trapped or something, all bloody painful so i sympathise i suffer back trouble myself, down side was they kept giving me stronger pain meds till i was like Greg House, hopeless addict to codeine, not nice
        Take care
        Mark,

Comment

I have the same thing from over lifting with my back when young and stupid.
          Concrete floors really do me in, so i avoid them as much as possible. At 70 years old now, i'm able to live with it, but it does get uncomfortable.

Comment

Working...
          X