My daughter's first solo flight!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by A.K. Boomer View Post
    You can see the serious focus in that kid, very cool and yes much pride is a good thing...
    That's the first thing I noticed...she looked quite determined.

Congrats to her. Sounds like she has a plan and knows exactly where she want to be.
    Definition: Racecar - a device that turns money into noise.

Comment

Congrats to Her. My wife and I both had our pirvate pilots licenses before having drivers licenses! The instructor and I were doing touch and gos, and we touched down, he took control and stopped the aircraft, then opened the door, stepped out, said "have fun" and then walked away... I had about 8 hours of official instruction in a Piper Tomahawk when i solo'd, but i had done lots of "intro" flights before that and used to "play" with my flight sim every night after school.

Comment

I would say that ths kid has definate determination. She is a "damn the torpedos" sort.
        My other two are more conservative.

Its funny how they are all bone at the same time, raised pretty much the same, yet all completely different!

Sid

Comment

Sid, congratulations to your daughter and you. I soloed in 1975 in a Piper Colt. Got my shirt tail cut off.

A few years ago a young lady named Lisa moved into the hangar next to me. She was just over 5'. She was a B-1 driver from Dyess AFB. She became an IP while at Dyess then transferred to the Air Force Academy to teach Gliders. While she was my neighbor she started flying a Cessna 140 which she sold after a year or so. Then she bought a Pitts S-1. She was a very impressive young woman.

I was also privileged to meet a young woman who flew A-10's. Wow, she had some great stories

Best of luck to your daughter, I hope she has at least half as much fun with aviation as I have.

Tim

Comment

I'm proud of her and I don't even know her. Best of wishes for her future.
            Krutch

Mentally confused and prone to wandering!

Comment

Working...
            X