Talk about cat like reflexes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Talk about cat like reflexes

As far as certain trajectories at speed and how this went down I really can't cry foul, this is crazy looking though don't get me wrong...

https://autos.yahoo.com/blogs/motora...205750273.html

What isn't shown is that when it all came to a stop both the bike rider and car driver simultaneously shot each other to death.
    Gene

Comment

Yeah, I doubt a professional stunt man could even pull that off.
      Here's a link to the full Video:
      Nice Landing!

Comment

As far as what his body did I did the exact same thing on a Mt. bike but big difference is the object I hit was standing still and I landed well past it, bent fork, buckled the frame and taco'ed the front wheel, complete somersault through the air and landed directly on my feet skidding - came to a stop and then walked back to my bike and was not bothered that much at the sight as I felt extremely lucky.

although this guys landing pad was tiny he had one thing allot easier than I did, he didn't have to soak up much of a speed difference when touching down, just "plop"...... but get it wrong and his consequences were extreme, very well done...

Comment

Originally posted by A.K. Boomer View Post
          very well done...
          That implies intention. He had no intention. The stupid ass simply got lucky. He is going at about twice or more the speed of everything else and physics not his intentions caused his movement. Then the other stupid ass made a lane change without looking, right into his path.

Thus causing what might be called "a perfect storm".
          Gene

Comment

Without Looking? The guy on the motorcycle came out of nowhere and changed lanes after the car signaled with blinkers - never mind cutting off the guy driving with the dash cam.

People riding motorcycles quite frequently do stupid things considering how vulnerable they are. Note I am not saying all or most riders, but way too many based on some of the things I've seen them do.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Nash View Post
              The guy on the motorcycle came out of nowhere...
              No he didn't. It was a two lane wide freeway. He came from somewhere. If the driver had made a simple additional mirror check he would have seen an idiot approaching at a rapid rate.

To often drivers will make a short cursory glance before a lane change. Yes he saw the vehicle but did not look any further. He did not cut off the guy with the camera, he was actually traveling at just a bit more speed. It's that second look that was needed and sometimes when it is not done this can happen. Even if the motorcycle was not speeding.
              Gene

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Nash View Post
                Without Looking? The guy on the motorcycle came out of nowhere and changed lanes after the car signaled with blinkers - never mind cutting off the guy driving with the dash cam.

People riding motorcycles quite frequently do stupid things considering how vulnerable they are. Note I am not saying all or most riders, but way too many based on some of the things I've seen them do.
                As a motorcyclist, I've seen just as many stupid moves from oblivious "cagers". In this case, though, I wouldn't fault that driver one bit. Even if he looked in his mirror and checked his blind spot it wouldn't have made a difference. The bike was not there to see. It came up FAST out of nowhere.

When I was riding sport bikes I did more than my share of stupid things. It's just so easy to go fast. No matter how much you try to restrain yourself, eventually your adrenaline and machismo takes over. I took a nasty spill and walked away without a scratch. That was my wake-up call to get rid of the sport bikes. Hopefully the guy in the video gets the same message.

Comment

Originally posted by mrriggs View Post
                  Even if he looked in his mirror and checked his blind spot it wouldn't have made a difference. The bike was not there to see. It came up FAST out of nowhere.
                  Well it seems like it was there to see. I guess it was an invisible motorcycle. But these situations require another stupid assumption. That being the bike rider assuming Joe stupid in his car has seen them.

Again, all the ingredients for a "perfect storm".
                  Gene

Comment

Originally posted by mrriggs View Post
                    As a motorcyclist, I've seen just as many stupid moves from oblivious "cagers". In this case, though, I wouldn't fault that driver one bit. Even if he looked in his mirror and checked his blind spot it wouldn't have made a difference. The bike was not there to see. It came up FAST out of nowhere.

When I was riding sport bikes I did more than my share of stupid things. It's just so easy to go fast. No matter how much you try to restrain yourself, eventually your adrenaline and machismo takes over. I took a nasty spill and walked away without a scratch. That was my wake-up call to get rid of the sport bikes. Hopefully the guy in the video gets the same message.
                    Hahah, Iv walked past a 750cc sports bike at the local motorbike shop and I can see the end of my life flash before my eyes... Still, its a very exciting end that would only cost $5500.

Somehow I feel on a bike, satisfaction can be directly measured by the amount of throttle you get to use on average.. That is why I drive a highly tuned 50cc full throttle all day long!

Also, I have done the same thing as on that video, except I went over a speed bump and my drink fell outta my cup holder on my pedal bike, so I slammed on the brakes so hard that I did a flip over the handlebars but ended up doing a complete flip and landing on my feet in front of my bike. I calmly picked up my drink, picked up my bike and put it back into the cup holder and drove away, avoiding anymore speed bumps along the way...
                    Play Brutal Nature, Black Moons free to play highly realistic voxel sandbox game.

Comment

Drive right, pass left is all that needs be said.

Comment

One extremely lucky person...rest of his life is a bonus

and.... always think bike!

Comment

I was driving along a motorway one day in the left lane, indicated and went to right lane to overtake car in front. Bike rider was behind me at the time and did the same thing. Nearly took him out as he changed to the left lane, as I did, after overtaking riding up the inside of me. He did it much quicker being on a bike and had I not had a second glance to see where he was, would have resulted in something similar to the video or me side swiping him. Sometimes they accellerate and manoeuvre so fast you don't get time to see them.
                          Nev.

Comment

Working...
                          X