Stepped clamps for rotary table

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stepped clamps for rotary table

I am setting up to cut gears using a 4” Vertex Rotary Tableon my X2 Mill. Somewhere, in my research, I saw a picture of the same RT,clamped to a mill table using custom low profile clamps that nearly filled theslots on the Vertex and didn’t interfere with either the RT table or the chuckthat was mounted. I didn’t think at thetime to save the picture or ask the poster about it. Now I can’t find it.
    The clamps did not require the use of the standard clampingkit step blocks. They looked like an upside down stair case.
    Anyone know where this design came from? Can I get a reference or even a sketch of thedimensions, please?
    Thanks,
    Chuck

Some guys turn tank-feet up-side-down and use a stud with large thick washers.
    Maybe based on that method ?

Comment

I found the website I got the idea from, but it's in German, and I don't read or write German. I'm not that good in my native 'Merican English...
      It's here"

http://www.metallmodellbau.de/GEAR-CUTTING.php

No link or indication to translate the web page or corespond in english with the author of the article. I can see the clamp I'm talking about in several views, so I'll just measure up my RT and see if I can make something like it!

Chuck

Comment

Something like this? :

Thomas

Problems worthy of attack prove their worth by hitting back
        - Piet Hein

Comment

Get the reduced heel right and you should be good-to-Go.

Comment

Originally posted by chucketn View Post
            I found the website I got the idea from, but it's in German, and I don't read or write German. I'm not that good in my native 'Merican English...
            It's here"

http://www.metallmodellbau.de/GEAR-CUTTING.php

No link or indication to translate the web page or corespond in english with the author of the article. I can see the clamp I'm talking about in several views, so I'll just measure up my RT and see if I can make something like it!

Chuck
            I was a bit late, but the picture I posted above shows something similar.

Here is a translated version of that german site:
            https://translate.google.com/transla...AR-CUTTING.php
            Thomas

Problems worthy of attack prove their worth by hitting back
            - Piet Hein

Comment

Wedging kickers are Great, but actually put forces on your table that need to be considered.
              That's a pretty thin table for wedgies.
              Gorgous set-up otherWise!

>>ther's certainly the chance I'm not see~ing that right, but they look like wedgies from here.<<

Originally posted by Thomas Staubo View Post
              Something like this? :

Last edited by Old Hat; 08-24-2014, 10:41 AM.

Comment

im pretty sure the guy "designed" them himself. what dimensions do you need?
                Last edited by dian; 08-25-2014, 03:43 AM.

Comment

What's the problem? Why not just make some?

I have a couple sets that came with specific devices, one a 5C indexer.

They aren't rocket science, are they?

Comment

Look on this site and see if they have something you could use. I have a lot of tools from them and they are all top quality.
                    http://www.amf.de/application/applst...index.htm%29=X

How to become a millionaire: Start out with 10 million and take up machining as a hobby!

Comment

Working...
                    X