No announcement yet.

John I saw this and couldn't resist sharing this great deal with you.Alistair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John I saw this and couldn't resist sharing this great deal with you.Alistair

John this is for all your acts of kindness to me over many years old pal. I will stand aside and let you have a go at it just this once.A real re-sellable bargain if your so inclined.Your old pal Alistair

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BRIDGEPORT...00073491&rt=nc
    Please excuse my typing as I have a form of parkinsons disease

Alistair, I think you should know this ensemble is still available!

http://www.trademe.co.nz/business-fa...-795645141.htm

Comment

Think I'll pass mate but often makes me wonder what would happen if someone * bought * this from a dummy account ? Ebay would see the sale and take their commission out of the sellers account and it would be up to the seller to do all the arguing.

Artful,
      Interesting, I wonder if the mill table is still below the lathe.

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Comment

I don't think this can be for real John surely it is a joke eh? Alistair

Comment

Artful at least that is a nice looking lathe what do you think about it? Alistair

Comment

Alistair, the lathe appears the same as mine which has proved satisfactory for a retired software engineer to learn how to turn scrap into swarf.

The ensemble has been advertised for some time and would usually attract a few comments but no one is saying anything!

Sir John, the mill looks a good size and I note he mentions the X power feed so I guess the table is still under there! I think the combination has seriously impacted on the available work envelope of both the lathe and the mill. He just needs to gear the lathe gear train to the mill X and Y feeds to get some seriously complicated machining processes underway!

Comment

Maybe he has weak wrists and is going to mill the ways flat on the lathe.

Michael

Comment

I've seen loads of bonkers prices since replacing lost tools, eg cable crimpers for lugs at £1500 Allen key set £500, odd, the site is riddled with massively inflated items, perhaps it's some kind of laundering thing going on? It is very odd.
                Mark

Comment

£50,000 ??!!?!?
                  Holy Smokes man, that translates into $80,500 US.
                  Are there Gold bars stashed inside of it?

Comment

Bridgies go new for about $15,000 in the US, so maybe Sir John could buy a few and import them into the Uk and sell them for 50,000 LBs each. Make a few bucks to get a pie and a pint.
                    The shortest distance between two points is a circle of infinite diameter.

Bluewater Model Engineering Society at https://sites.google.com/site/bluewatermes/

Southwestern Ontario. Canada

Comment

Working...
                    X