O.T. Trying to identify to replace or repair blower motor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• O.T. Trying to identify to replace or repair blower motor

I am trying to fix a blower for a wood stove that rattles while in operation. The front bearing in the motor is worn and the shaft is what is rattling while in operation. It is a shaded pole motor with 1/4 dia shaft. It is 115V 60 hz and SA22L-1010 and CLHAOM is printed on the motor. I did an internet search and and cannot find any info on these numbers. Can anyone please help me identify this motor? I have heard that there are bearings available for repair. If so, any info on where to obtain them?

I usually go to a local motor shop, they often sell sub motors for most fan etc applications.
    Also the bearing are generally Oilite, porous bronze type, usually quite common.
    Max.

Comment

are you sure it is the bearing and not the fan broken loose from the collar that goes on the shaft? I have had that happen. This is how I fixed one
      Last edited by digr; 10-23-2014, 05:22 PM.

Comment

I realise that you are a junior member, but is there a reason you cannot make one? After all, we generally will go out if the way to make what can be easily bought. Go figure! Bob.

Comment

Working...
        X