Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Lathe Dog

My Lathe Dog

Let me guess -- you're into automobiles?

Great mug shot!
    Kevin

More tools than sense.

Comment

Nice dog, Is he old?

Comment

Cool looking pooch - has that salvage yard look to em, just like my gurls, happy with a word of encouragement and a milk bone at the end of the day... best friend a guy could ever want... I miss my one gurl - but am now taking the other for long brisk walks trying to get her back into shape...

Comment

Such a forlorn looking pooch! Does he not approve of mini-lathes?
          Peter - novice home machinist, modern motorcycle enthusiast.

Denford Viceroy 280 Synchro (11 x 24)
          Herbert 0V adapted to R8 by 'Sir John'.
          Monarch 10EE 1942

Comment

Thanks fella's, he's 3.5 years old and he's like Velcro to me.......a truly wonderfully loyal friend.

Comment

Originally posted by peter. View Post
              such a forlorn looking pooch! Does he not approve of mini-lathes?

lol

Comment

Originally posted by Peter. View Post
                Such a forlorn looking pooch! Does he not approve of mini-lathes?
                Here's another photo, not so depressed over the Sieg C6 or Mini-Mill purchase

Comment

Nice photo, great dog! Coincidentally, I just got back from my shop where I was making my first attempt at single point threading, while Muttley guarded the door. He looked at me intently and cocked his head with great interest as I opened a plastic container of lathe bits - it's the same container that originally held some yummy lunch meats or cheese and he picked up the sound, much as he does when I open a can.

This is what he does to a can if he finds it in the recycling bin with even a hint of good stuff inside:

http://pauleschoen.com/pix/PM08_P76_P54.png
                  Paul , P S Technology, Inc. and MrTibbs
                  USA Maryland 21030

Comment

Wow Jim that's an award winning photo, absolutely awesome...

edit; blue heeler right? im very curious about those pooches - they seem to be very intelligent but not as high strung as some other similar types (like border collie's)

if I could get away with it id get me a Hyena, that would be the bomb...

http://assets.coolhunting.com/coolhu...ges/hyena9.jpg
                    Last edited by A.K. Boomer; 10-28-2014, 09:13 PM.

Comment

Nice dog Paul

Comment

Yes Boomer, he's an Australian Blue Cattle Dog AKA Blue Heeler.

They aren't anything like a high strung sheep dog like a Border Collie, but they still need a lot of one on one time.

Comment

Great company at night and will let you know if there are strays about , thats people .

Michael

Comment

Originally posted by KJ1I View Post
                            Let me guess -- you're into automobiles?

Great mug shot!
                            Would that be a "great mutt shot"?

Comment

In S Africa that dog would resemble what we call a" Pavement Special" .A combination of many different breeds.They normally make the best nature d dogs as opposed to highly pedigreed dogs that sometimes show flaws in personality(think vicious) But I think that is a pedigreed dog.Is it a Australian only dog?Does Australia have different breeds that are only Australian.?I can only think of two breeds in my country that are only african and that is a boer bull and a ridgeback.You are a lucky man to have such a good companion.I lost my 16 year old alsation two nights ago. I saw her take her last breath and I really miss her.Dont you have problems with snakes in Australia? Or is your dog clever enough

Comment

Working...
                              X